Ok, here is the deal, the 9700 looks sublime!. I love my tour don't get me wrong but the plans at verizon are outrageous!! About $133 monthly! And I could get a similar plan with tmobile for $90! So yes I'm paying the etf, in the long wrong it'll be worth it, and who knows tmobile might introduce its new unlimited plans starting at $50.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-21-09 12:14 PM
    I'm doing the same with AT&T... The cost of the iphone isn't worth it.
    10-21-09 12:38 PM
    You pay for what you get. Ya it's a new GSM device... But it's the network that matters to me. Good luck though.
    10-21-09 12:54 PM
    The 9700 is gonna rock in Los Angeles. It just depends on your coverage in your area!
    10-21-09 12:56 PM
    As long as you get good coverage where you usually are OP, that's all that
    matters. I'd make the switch too.
    10-21-09 12:56 PM
    I heard coverage in Miami is great, plus they keep on expanding, plus saving $400 a year is worth it especially in this damn economy.

10-21-09 01:18 PM
    I heard coverage in Miami is great, plus they keep on expanding, plus saving $400 a year is worth it especially in this damn economy.

Anyway you have the 30 days to test it out. Anything that gets you away
    from Verizon is good.
    10-21-09 01:25 PM
    Kick it to the curb yo!
    10-21-09 01:29 PM
    Not interested in the S2, eh?
    10-21-09 01:34 PM
    Nah s2 doesn't seem interesting plus I already tried the s1(worst bb ever) in my opinion.

10-21-09 01:50 PM
    Well for what I have heard, that track pad is sweet on the 9700!!!!!!!
    10-21-09 01:59 PM
    Well for what I have heard, that track pad is sweet on the 9700!!!!!!!
    Hopefully it is , cause the trackball on my tour is always sticking, so that will be a worthy upgrade.

10-21-09 02:06 PM
    I would love to go back to T-Mobile so I can save money to. But I can't :-( frowney face
    10-21-09 02:42 PM
    Those $50 | Month plans from T-Mobile under Project Dark are nothing more than a pipedream. So much for shaking up the industry. The "game changing" unlimited plan is $ 99 | Month. So, you'll be saving $ 50 a month. Still sticking with my T-Mobz but pretty disappointed in Project Dark...
    10-21-09 03:16 PM
    Hopefully it is , cause the trackball on my tour is always sticking, so that will be a worthy upgrade.

*cough* Warranty *cough*. Got mine replaced that way.
    10-21-09 03:18 PM
    I couldn't imagine choosing a network based upon a phone.
    10-21-09 03:21 PM
    As long as you get good coverage where you usually are OP, that's all that
    matters. I'd make the switch too.

You hit on the head - coverage, coverage. My entire family in the South Bay of LA has made the switch to Verizon because of the coverage problems with AT&T. They loved the carryover minute deal and in some cases they had grandfather plans. But when you are sitting on the EYE-5 in traffic and I'm sitting in my office in Orlando chatting with them and having problems understanding because they are breaking up, then its time for them to move on up the road.

Oh before anyone gets smart and writes how do I know it wasn't my phone. We have in-house repeater from VZW and my BB is at -80 constantly. The AT&T tower is less than a mile away and there is no coverage worth a damn in or near the office building.

I pray never to need it in case of an emergency, but its good to know VZW will be there more than AT&T.
    10-21-09 03:27 PM
    Those $50 | Month plans from T-Mobile under Project Dark are nothing more than a pipedream. So much for shaking up the industry. The "game changing" unlimited plan is $ 99 | Month. So, you'll be saving $ 50 a month. Still sticking with my T-Mobz but pretty disappointed in Project Dark...
    Yeah!, they'll announce it the 25th I believe

10-21-09 03:43 PM
    Great TMo coverage in Colorado, I'll be upgrading my 8900. It will make a decent backup.

10-21-09 03:59 PM
    Yeah!, they'll announce it the 25th I believe

Yep, it will be announced on Sunday. I just don't understand how this is game changing or how it will catapult them into 3rd here in the U.S.
    10-21-09 04:13 PM

Coverage in Miami is generally pretty good. I work at Homestead air base though and it's very weak here. As soon as I enter a building I lose signal whereas with ATT I didn't have that problem. I'm about to switch to Verizon for the storm 2 though so we'll see how that works out for me.
    10-21-09 04:19 PM
    Yep, it will be announced on Sunday. I just don't understand how this is game changing or how it will catapult them into 3rd here in the U.S.
    It's not a horrible deal, but I agree it's not great either. If it was $50-$60 a month, I would have switched to T-Mo in a heartbeat. At $99, I won't.
    10-21-09 04:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD