Can someone clarify for me if T-Mobile is selling two different bezel colors? I just ordered mine from Lets Talk and they had a dark chrome Bold pictured, but I'm seeing conflicting reports on here and on other sites if its just the lighting or an actual difference.

Did anyone end up with a dark chrome bezel from T-Mobile?

Thanks for the help!
    06-20-10 01:15 PM
    The 'dark' chrome bezel was just a myth, there is only one colour... chrome
    06-20-10 01:21 PM
    Really? A myth?

So the Verizon Tours and Bolds both had dark bezels so there is no chance of getting the Bold with a dark bezel from T-Mobile?
    06-20-10 01:26 PM
    I was here when the 9700 was released, hoping for a 'dark' chrome bezel like the ones shown in press shots... but it never emerged.

A few people initially 'claimed' theirs was dark, but it was never proved.
    Poor lighting

Obviously an aftermarket 'dark' chrome bezel can be purchased, but they were never released from carriers with them.
    06-20-10 01:40 PM
    The dark chrome is not a myth. Seen it myself. I have ordered OEM replacement parts which also came in the dark chrome. I didn't know about this before. Have read some reviews thought that some early models did carry the dark chrome hence its high visibility on a lot of the promotional images.

I don't mind it but I cant find matching dark chromed frets for my keypad or a matching charging dock

Check this out T-Mobile BlackBerry Bold 9700 coming with Dark Chrome & Light Chrome Bezel? | PocketBerry
    Last edited by youagain; 06-20-10 at 02:33 PM.
    06-20-10 02:24 PM
    I'm sticking to myth/poor lighting

Feel free to prove me wrong with pictoral evidence...

And thanks for that crap link that just locks up my PC!
    Last edited by Phill_UK; 06-20-10 at 02:41 PM.
    06-20-10 02:33 PM
    The verizon Tours and Bolds shipped with a dark chrome bezel.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=477797

Could the 9700s now ship with a dark bezel? And if they do/did I'm surprised no one has said anything about it before...so I would assume that they don't?
    Last edited by aplimted91; 06-20-10 at 04:08 PM.
    06-20-10 03:49 PM
    Link worked fine for me on Firefox, hardly has any flash on it. I've just sent back a dark chrome bezel to the ebay seller I bought it off as I want the silver chrome one to match my keypad frets. I actually posted a thread here on the topic. It seems like it must have been an early thing which some Blackberries came with.
    06-20-10 06:36 PM
    Link worked fine for me on Firefox, hardly has any flash on it. I've just sent back a dark chrome bezel to the ebay seller I bought it off as I want the silver chrome one to match my keypad frets. I actually posted a thread here on the topic. It seems like it must have been an early thing which some Blackberries came with.
    It never happened youagain... believe me, I was here when it released and nobody ever proved they had a 'dark' bezel from any carrier

...and your link crashes IE8
    06-20-10 06:41 PM
    haha heres the link http://forums.crackberry.com/f172/ve...-color-477797/
    but i really don't know what mine is, but it looks dark. Or maybe it's just the lighting
    06-20-10 07:09 PM
    That link is irrelevant... Verizon and Sprint don't even carry the 9700
    06-20-10 07:14 PM
    That link is irrelevant... Verizon and Sprint don't even carry the 9700
    But its a precedent isn't it? I have a Sprint Bold 9650 and it has a different color bezel and battery door than the Verizon Bold 9650.

I personally don't think it makes sense for T-Mobile to have BOTH the light and dark bezel and not give customers the chance to choose, but I could be wrong. It just doesn't seem rational distributing it randomly.
    06-20-10 07:21 PM
    I personally don't think it makes sense for T-Mobile to have BOTH the light and dark bezel and not give customers the chance to choose, but I could be wrong. It just doesn't seem rational distributing it randomly.
    That's my point, I don't think they ever did.

There were rumours at the time of the 9700 launch that it was available from some carriers with either a 'bright' or 'dark' chrome bezel. That rumour was never proved. Since the start of this forum last year, nobody has ever posted a picture of the 'supposed' 2 bezel types side-by-side.

Until they do... I call myth
    06-20-10 07:28 PM
    When I look at all the pictures I really want a dark one, but the more I think about it the less I think I want it because I think some people mentioned it wouldn't match the frets and cradle so I think I'm going to put a pin in buying that dark bezel.

I'll post some pictures next weekend if my Bold turns out to be donning the mythical T-Mobile dark bezel.

As long as the trackpad isn't slanted I'm a happy camper.
    06-20-10 07:40 PM
    I think a lot of the confusion came from Kevin's hands-on review of the original 9020 Onyx prototype (link), which did have a gunmetal coloured bezel.

As soon as RIM changed the model number to 9700 and swapped the trackball out for a trackpad, the gunmetal bezel and plain plastic battery cover disappeared.
    06-20-10 07:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD