I have scratched the stock bezel on my new bold. I have never seen a blacked out bold up close so I don't know if it looks "cheap" or not. Can someone share their experience with me so I can decide which bezel to get?
    Thanks,
    Andrew
    08-08-09 06:39 PM
    I had the same issue, there was a little chunk missing from the bezel when I bought it. (it's just a small imperfection really..)

I wound up ordering the stock colored one, but with no carrier logo. I've also ordered the OEM keyboard with the red numbers and a G1 trackball, it'll look pretty clean I think. But I would love to make a darker metal look to it. Kind of like the tour and the storm
    08-08-09 07:01 PM
    I "blacked" out my Bold a few days ago. I think it looks far nicer than standard.
    I would like to get a keyboard that glows blue to finish it off but haven't found one yet.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-08-09 07:10 PM
    i know exactly what you mean. It is a really cool concept, but the idea of it makes it sound like it would be crappy looking up close. I guess it just depends on how well you put it on.
    08-08-09 07:21 PM
    I don't think it looks cheaper up close. Of course it is all personal opinion. My cousin has the stock Bold so I compaired them side by side.
    Prefer the blacked out one hands down. Just be careful when taking the phone apart. Following the demonstration videos on you tube are very helpful for first timers.

08-08-09 07:28 PM
    If you do no want a paint color:
    Another color option is called 'titanium': a gunmetal metallic color
    08-08-09 07:42 PM
    I have scratched the stock bezel on my new bold. I have never seen a blacked out bold up close so I don't know if it looks "cheap" or not. Can someone share their experience with me so I can decide which bezel to get?
    Thanks,
    Andrew
    very subjective. I reckon, the stock silver color's cool, bt as a guy I'd quite prefer to have the gunmetal finish. Titanium's a lil warmer tint to it, but its still nice.
    I personally feel, all other paint color cheapens the look. Bt anything metallic looks fine... Incl black

08-08-09 08:11 PM
    I just blacked out my bold literally 2 minutes ago.

The black does not look cheap. Just be careful when you install the bezel and watch out for the side buttons.

08-08-09 08:16 PM
    I would really like the titanium look. it would pretty much look like the tour.
    08-08-09 10:11 PM
    it doesnt look cheap, do it.
    08-08-09 10:41 PM
    i was actually thinking about making my bold all black too, pics that ive seen look really cool
    08-14-09 09:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD