My 9930 is set up to receive my gmail, which is working fine. There is only one account where I want the emails always coming to the phone. The problem is that I can no longer access gmail accounts via the browser (as I could with my prehistoric but fully functional Curve 8330) and the gmail app is no longer available. There are many times when I would like to check one of my other accounts (or one of my kids asks to borrow the phone to check their email), but I haven't figured out a way to do it successfully. The gmail site loads, but when I type in my username and password, it just hangs.

Any suggestions?
    01-01-12 08:56 PM
    I've logged into Gmail on both the main browser and the Opera browser, both work fine. Maybe try clearing your cache and cookies. If that doesn't work, try the Opera browser.
    01-01-12 09:13 PM
    Delete service books and resend again
    Also clear all cache, cookies and other things..
    Also ask your wireless rep as this SSL login is available in your BIS plan.
    01-01-12 09:20 PM
    If you have the COD file for the GMAIL App, (in any of your previous app back ups), just install it using BBSAK.

It should work fine.

I have been using it on my 9900. Every time I wipe the phone (for upgrading to a new OS), I simply reinstall the Gmail App cod to get the app.
    01-01-12 10:24 PM
    You don't need an app for Gmail. Why not just set it up in the e-mail account setup rather than using the browser? The browser method is NOT push and is slow and clunky...not really made for mobile e-mail...

You can setup more than one Gmail account on the BB...why not do that?
    01-01-12 10:49 PM
    Someone on here has a link to download the app, just do a search for the gmail app and you should find it to download.
    01-02-12 12:24 AM
    M.gmail.com all you need.
    OR just add it to BIS via the E-Mail Setup app.
    01-02-12 12:30 AM
    hank you Wu Wei for the 2.07 link.
    It works awesome on the 9900

The link is:

goo.gl/3b1Ke

just go to your browser on the 9900 and put in the above address with an http : // at the beginning.
    It will prompt you to download and away you go...
    01-02-12 12:33 AM
    There is a Gmail app for 9900?!
    01-02-12 02:38 AM
    My 9930 is set up to receive my gmail, which is working fine. There is only one account where I want the emails always coming to the phone. The problem is that I can no longer access gmail accounts via the browser (as I could with my prehistoric but fully functional Curve 8330) and the gmail app is no longer available. There are many times when I would like to check one of my other accounts (or one of my kids asks to borrow the phone to check their email), but I haven't figured out a way to do it successfully. The gmail site loads, but when I type in my username and password, it just hangs.

Any suggestions?
    You need to have javascript enabled for it to work on your browser.
    01-02-12 02:51 AM
    There is a Gmail app for 9900?!
    Yes

hank you Wu Wei for the 2.07 link.
    It works awesome on the 9900

The link is:

http://goo.gl/3b1Ke

just go to your browser on the 9900 and put in the above address with an http : // at the beginning.
    It will prompt you to download and away you go...
    http:// added to the link.
    01-02-12 03:15 AM
    I guess the 'normal' gmail set up on my phone is good enough, don't really like the Gmail app.
    01-02-12 07:04 AM
    I guess the 'normal' gmail set up on my phone is good enough, don't really like the Gmail app.
    Same here, set up 2 gmail accounts and it's working fine
    01-02-12 07:19 AM
    HI! I know exactly what you mean I am having the same problem the browser just hangs..Have you found any solutions to this? Please let me know this is driving me crazy ha!
    09-30-13 12:17 AM
    Folks,

I had the gmail app on my 8330 and it worked great. I tried it on my 9930 and it installs, but when I launch the app, I get an "Unexpected server response" on the screen where it loads. Any ideas on this? Thanks.

One of the reasons the gmail app is useful is not everyone is running a blackberry with a BIS plan. The gmail app allows you to check email without having to navigate through the browser. LogicMail is another app you can use, but sometimes it has connection problems.

Fort
    09-30-13 06:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD