i was doing laundry one day..and *WAIT FOR IT* i dropped my precious bold ....but it was in its gel casing soo all is fine...but i still freaked out when i dropped it
    12-11-08 02:40 PM
    It's funny, I only had my Bold for a couple weeks. I haven't dropped it yet, BUT when I was in the AT&T store getting it, I nearly dropped it 3 times in the space of 2 minutes. The things was like a fricking slippery eel in my hands. I immediately bought some of those rubberized skins for it. But now I just use the holster. I'm going to try and make a holster that will accomodate the rubber skins, too.

B.
    12-11-08 02:56 PM
    remember gaffers tape and zip ties are gifts from god
    12-11-08 02:58 PM
    I have dropped mine a few times...just lucky it has only been a few scratches to the sliver border...nothing to the screen or internal.
    03-25-09 03:28 PM
    Dropped it yesterday, made a huge scratch on the top. I changed the bezel and put a screen protector on it. Good as new
    03-25-09 03:38 PM
    It's always a sad sign when this thread gets revived...
    03-25-09 03:38 PM
    No drop yet... But then I just jinxed myself so I'm expecting one soon. (4.5 months so far...)
    03-25-09 03:42 PM
    I dropped mine 4 times in one night! Luckily it was in its leather pocket.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-25-09 03:42 PM
    I dropped mine in the grass. It was before I got a screen protector though. No scratches, I was lucky. I also remember dropping it onto my bedroom floor but it bounced a little on the carpet.

03-25-09 04:13 PM
    Since I use my BB as an alarm clock it gets a lot of beating (thrown of bed, slept on, etc.) lol.
    03-25-09 04:14 PM
    I was on my roller skates when I slipped and fell and my Bold flew out of my hand. My Bold hit the wall and left a nasty dent in the chrome so I decided to black out my bold.
    03-25-09 04:36 PM
    I jus began reading this thread... there are some really horrible stories on here. I've got a seidio case on mine, and it usually rests inside the stock holster... JD, you need to super glue your phone to your hand b/c you've had way too many accidents with your phone
    03-25-09 05:08 PM
    Just dropped my bold on sat the screen broke I almost came to tears. That just topped off the fact that my girl left me the day before. Got a new bold today life is much better now.

03-25-09 05:19 PM
    I 'dropped' mine at work the other night. I don't know if it counts as I hacky-sacked it and caught it before it hit the ground!
    03-25-09 11:49 PM
    Never had an incident till I got one of those rubberized BB skins to protect it. The very next day I proceeded to drop it while standing at the top of the stairs. It bounced right off the floor, giving me time to deflect it to the side with my knee and prevent it from going down the stairs! No damage at all and well worth investing in the skin!
    03-26-09 12:26 AM
    Never, but I definitely had some very close calls
    03-26-09 12:29 AM
    Just dropped my bold on sat the screen broke I almost came to tears. That just topped off the fact that my girl left me the day before. Got a new bold today life is much better now.

you look like a tough guy from the pic.. I cannot imagine you shedding tears over the Bold.
    03-26-09 12:30 AM
    you look like a tough guy from the pic.. I cannot imagine you shedding tears over the Bold.
    Do i smell romance?
    03-26-09 12:41 AM
    So i stepped in the office this morning, wanted to grab my bold outta myocket before sitting down and yess there she goes slippin trough my fingers.. Tried to catch her with the other hand but that just made her fall harder. Lucky we have carpet so she didn't feel much, i hope. No scratches, works fine, but my heart skipped a beat i think!

03-26-09 02:52 AM
    I have dropped mine only once so far ... No major damages .. only one small scratch on the bezel...
    03-26-09 05:08 AM
    I had it in the original case and it landed on a corner. Dent.
    03-26-09 02:51 PM
    Still no drops that matter. So far, only on the carpet. Now, of course, it is going to fall on the pavement when I leave work. Jinx.
    03-26-09 03:10 PM
    Do i smell romance?
    he's a handsome lad
    03-26-09 03:13 PM
    I dropped mine a few times...thankfully no scratches because of my case. Case-Mate' Smart Skin was definitely a good investment. Too bad it can't cure the heartache knowing I've let my beloved Bold down by dropping it.

03-26-09 03:28 PM
    I dropped mine on the first day, leaving the car its just slipped out of my hand. I was furious! It was in the leather pocket, landed on the concrete with the covered end (jumped one), but still there is a small damage on the bezel and the pocket too.

I saw that there is an opp to buy new bezel from cnn.cn. Which one I should order? With or without the buttons?
    09-25-09 11:50 AM
125 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD