haha thats exactly it, my lip will heal lol x
    09-13-08 07:03 AM
    I dropped mine 3 days after getting it.. I was walking and texting and it slipped out of my hand.. Landed and bounced a few times on the concrete... I had a skin on it so I thought it would be safe... The upper right hand corner bezel was scratched and dented a lil.. Other than that pretty much fine.... Im just glad I had the skin on it...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-13-08 10:41 AM
    I want to skin my Bold or put it in a case but the Bold is so gorgeous it's a shame to wrap it up!

09-13-08 10:46 AM
    I want to skin my Bold or put it in a case but the Bold is so gorgeous it's a shame to wrap it up!

Lol, yeah I agree, but you know what they say, "Better safe than sorry."
    09-13-08 11:15 AM
    WARNING!!! Never let your girlfriend hold it! she dropped it as soon has i give it to her then after i picked it my trackball wouldn't go left until i pushed it down and started rolling it around several times.
    09-13-08 03:30 PM
    Thankfully I haven't dropped my precious as yet, but historically I've been prone to subjecting my previous handhelds to a fair share of scuffs and dings. After reading some of the experiences shared in the forum, I will definitely try and take some precautionary measures to include investing in a Otterbox "Defender" case as soon as it's released. Hopefully it will save me some grief
    09-14-08 09:05 AM
    I dropped it on my kitchen tile yesterday. The back cover popped off a little bit. pushed it back on and it was fine no scratches but it certainly isnt as strong as it looks.
    09-14-08 09:16 AM
    yes I have dropped it ((((((
    not happy at all
    little paint chip
    but its still a great device
    09-14-08 10:01 AM
    Oh what a start to my day most upsetting dropped my precious on the way into the car this morning and now it has a scuff on the top corner of the 'chrome
    How distressing for me boo hoo I shall sob all day, ok may be not quite but the day can only get better'

09-16-08 01:16 AM
    I've never liked putting my BB in a case or skin as it detracts from the design of the phone but i've found the band around the bold can be slippy at times so i'm definately going to get a skin.
    09-16-08 03:48 AM
    I find it very worrying, and upsetting, to read about all these poor people who have dropped their lovely new Bolds.

It is always difficuly to judge how much 'protection' is actually necessary.

If you use too much, then then phone becomes more difficult to use, (and perhaps doesn't look so attractive!) and if you don't have enough, then you stand the chance of damaging it if that unexpected slip, or drop, does occur!

Decisions, decisions!
    09-16-08 04:27 AM
    About a month ago my GF spilt Champagne on mine, whilst breaking the glass it was in. Somehow the glass scratched the silver plastic part next to the mic. :S
    09-16-08 04:59 AM
    Had mine for three months now (touch wood) not a scratch yet.

09-20-08 04:00 AM
    Protection, protection, protection!

Love it, treasure it, keep it covered. Mine is currently all cosy on my satin sheets gently winking at me. Looks damn sexy!
    09-20-08 06:09 AM
    **** looks like another day _ another dropped bb
    Oh dear... but you could always buy a spare part from here to replace it!
    09-21-08 07:13 AM
    No problem Joey... that's one of the reasons for sites like this isn't it... so that we can help each other!

I was about to ask you if you had seen the videos on YouTube, showing the dis-assembly (and re-assembly!) procedure, but I see from you post in another thread that you have already found them!

I am sure that folks on here will be interested in hearing how you get on!
    09-21-08 08:29 AM
    Somewhat off topic, but I live in the US and have had my att 8310 for about 9 months. I dont think I have ever been so excited about a phone. I dropped it at the gym the other day and now there is a scratch and a dent on the front. Should I order a replacement housing and I hope it doesnt fall on the front again or should I just wait for the bold? I think I would really rather have a 3G Javellin but who knows when/if that may come to att. Opinions?
    It honestly depends on you. You are the one who will be using it. I saw the Bold in Futuretronics and fell in love withj speed of the processor and the hi-res screen.

The con for me is that it was a bit larger. It seemed a little larger than an 8800, but I didn't have one there to compare it with.

Just my findings.

09-21-08 08:53 AM
    Zagg might have a shield out for it, if not I am sure they will soon. When I get the bold I will get a shield as soon as they make one for it.

09-21-08 09:13 AM
    Oh dear... but you could always buy a spare part from here to replace it!
    OMG what horrifying video!! How could anyone coldly take apart a Bold like that?
    09-21-08 09:49 AM
    Well I almost had a heart attack the other day I was trying to get a satellite location hoping to get a better signal, I was impatient so I put the BOLD on top of the roof of my friends Suburban. We talked for like a half an hour then we got in the car and started driving. 2-3km later I notice a black object falling in the rear view mirror,(i was driving) instantly i knew it was my BOLD! I could see it just fallong apart. I was going down a hill when it happened. I slowed down and my BOLD was sliding down the hill. I just kept thinking "$1400" that's how much this phone will end up costing after I replace it. the BOLD finally stopped about 20 feet ahead of where I stopped. It went sliding from where it fell all the way under and passes the truck

I got out and my first feeling of relief was that it slid on its back so no scratches on the screen or keys. I flipped it overr and the leather cover and battery were missing so I walked up the hill looking for my stuff. I saw the battery 150 feet from where the BOLD was. I kept walking but did not see the cover anywhere so I kept on looking and I finally found it. I put it back together and thought "ITS ALIVE!!!" It worked like nothing ever happened The back cover and some of the sides are scratched but other than that it's all good.

The built quality of the phone is awesome I'm really impress.
    09-21-08 12:43 PM
    @ Massiso

OMG that is a scary story! I think that is the most remarkable story of survival and your Bold deserves an award for Gallantry!
    09-21-08 04:00 PM
    Nothing loose JD.

dropped 4 times!!! Man that is just neglect!!
    09-26-08 07:04 AM
    Well I almost had a heart attack the other day was trying to get a satellite location hoping to get a better signal, I was impatient so I put the BOLD on top of the roof of my friends Suburban. We talked for like a half an hour then we got in the car and started driving. 2-3km later I notice a black object falling in the rear view mirror,(i was driving) instantly i knew it was my BOLD! I could see it just fallong apart. I was going down a hill when it happened. I slowed down and my BOLD was sliding down the hill. I just kept thinking "$1400" that's how much this phone will end up costing after I replace it. the BOLD finally stopped about 20 feet ahead of where I stopped. It went sliding from where it fell all the way under and passes the truck

I got out and my first feeling of relief was that it slid on its back so no scratches on the screen or keys. I flipped it overr and the leather cover and battery were missing so I walked up the hill looking for my stuff. I saw the battery 150 feet from where the BOLD was. I kept walking but did not see the cover anywhere so I kept on looking and I finally found it. I put it back together and thought "ITS ALIVE!!!" It worked like nothing ever happened The back cover and some of the sides are scratched but other than that it's all good.

The built quality of the phone is awesome I'm really impress.
    What a way to do a battery pull reset
    09-26-08 07:30 AM
    I dropped mine this morning while getting in my truck. I got a nice black scratch on the bezel
    09-26-08 09:06 AM
    Day 10... Dropped mine today. Getting out of my vehicle walking into the house hands full. Phone starts ringing, it's in my hand (amongst all the other stuff I'm carrying) so, should I get it... I try and tug the phone from it's tight slim case... I tried 3 or 4 times it would not slide out as I didn't have full command of my hands. The phone still in it's case, dropped on it's unprotected top, onto the sidewalk

I already gave my father heck LOL for phoning me and asking whether I was coming by when I had just called Mom 5 minutes earlier to let her know I was coming by...

Middle top back bezel, tiny chip and two scratches... leatherette back just above camera LED is wratched. Phone seems to be OK, guess I could replace the bezel and the back... but I fear that I would just drop it again if I did that.

HHmmm BTW, that being said , where can one get bezels, in case I decide to have one on hand... I'm sure I can track one down, though if you know, please post a parts list LOL and where one can buy...for this thread.

Oh did I mention I don't like that case anymore...
    10-04-08 06:06 PM
125 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD