I got the 9780 a couple months ago. I tried using the pouch, but every time I tried to pull out the phone the battery cover would pop loose. I read about how people stretched out the pouch a little and it would work better. So I tried doing that and ended up with this:

Why does RIM even bother giving a cheap *** faux leather pouch with a device that costs USD5XX? What a waste.
    Last edited by jko; 07-14-11 at 02:06 AM.
    07-14-11 02:04 AM
    Holy cow, stretching is one thing but ripping it apart is something else.
    You must have pretty strong hands.
    Never seen this before...I hope you work with metal or something and not in fysiotherapy.....
    (note to self: never pick a fight with jko or shake his hand)
    07-14-11 04:38 AM
    The old 9700 one is way better: Play.com - Buy BlackBerry 8520 / 9300 Curve / 8900 / 9700 / 9780 Bold Leather Pocket Case (Black) online at Play.com and read reviews. Free delivery to UK and Europe!

Mine slips out easily! My girlfriend has a 9780 with the new style one and it's rather tight, you need two hands to get it out. It never pulls the battery cover off though.
    07-15-11 07:38 AM
    I agree with Andy. The newer style that is stitched in the middle is tighter and actually feels cheap. I much prefer the older one that stretches in the middle.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-15-11 09:18 AM
    I agree with Andy. The newer style that is stitched in the middle is tighter and actually feels cheap. I much prefer the older one that stretches in the middle.

I agree with Satan. I have had the "stretchy one" for ages now and it's still as good as new.
    07-15-11 03:19 PM
    It's kinda sad to see RIM cheaping out. Or maybe it's the carriers. I bought my 9780 brand new from Rogers and it came with the stretchy one back in November. I recently bought a Bell one and it came with the stitched one.

07-15-11 07:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD