Ok so I updated my Bold 9700 OS to 5.0.0.862 about 2 weeks ago. Everything was working fine up until Saturday, charging 1 minute then the next nothing, tried wall charger, car charger and also through the computer...nothing!

This is the message the phone displays "The charging source connected to your Blackberry device cannot charge your battery."

The lightning icon is there but the battery level does not increase.

I cant downgrade the OS since the computer doesnot recognize the device, I constantly get an error message. "Usb device has malfunctioned."

The battery is now completely dead...help!
    08-24-10 08:00 PM
    Sounds like you jacked up your microUSB port on your Berry.
    08-24-10 08:09 PM
    Try another cable. A lot of devices like phones (obviously ) and cameras use MicroUSB. So if you have a family member or friend with one of those, borrow it. Or go buy one.
    08-24-10 08:36 PM
    Have you tried a charging pod?
    08-24-10 08:39 PM
    Try another cable. A lot of devices like phones (obviously ) and cameras use MicroUSB. So if you have a family member or friend with one of those, borrow it. Or go buy one.
    I've done that quite a few times, still nothing.
    08-24-10 09:04 PM
    There are 3 causes of this. (Firmware has nothing to do with it)

1) Bad USB port on the PC, not giving enough juice to charge it. Try another port, or better yet, another PC to make sure

2) Bad cable. They wear out and short. Pick up another cable and test.

If those two fail to solve it, odds are, it's #3

3) USB port on the BB is shorted. This means sending the Berry back for repair/replacement.
    08-24-10 09:05 PM
    this just happened to my 9780. pc can't recognize phone and when i charge thru usb get same error. luckily charges through dock still.
    10-10-11 12:32 PM
    exactly the same thing happend to me, phone up your mobile company and they will send you a new one, its faulty phone
    11-24-12 04:06 AM
    I know my PB specifically is VERY picky about what kind of cord she will take. I've found one in my household of many that will actually give her a good charge. I've not encountered this with any BB phone I've ever had though...then again I'm usually pretty good about using originial BB chargers...
    11-24-12 05:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD