So I've had my Bold 9700, on BlackBerry 5 OS for quite a while now, never had any charging problems until today. I plugged it into a wall charger, which came with the phone, and nothing happened. I tried it in different sockets around the house, but still nothing. I used different chargers, but still nothing. Finally, I plugged it into my laptop using the wire which also came with the phone, and i got a message saying that ''Because the USB device is drawing too much power from this computer, it has been disabled.' What should I do?
    Last edited by j_a_s_p; 08-04-11 at 06:06 AM.
    08-04-11 06:00 AM
    What I would do, would be to take the phone and the battery to your local Blackberry dealer and let them test/replace the battery and see if it has the same issue. Hope this helps.
    08-04-11 06:43 AM
    I feel that there is a connector issue on the device, you and I cannot fix it my friend take it to the dealer. As MrLynd54 said.
    08-04-11 06:58 AM
    Taking it to the dealer or your carrier in order to test both is a great idea. If you don't, you won't have a blackberry soon at all :/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-11 09:04 AM
    Looks like hardware issue. Try charging using a dock. I use that because I do not want to damage my usb ports. See the 2 metal plates on the side near the bottom of the phone? They are used to charge your bold using an dock

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-11 09:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD