I see that I can get a charging dock for my Bold.

How does the device get its power? From the bottom?
    10-24-09 05:43 PM
    yes by the metal on the back of the device. prongs on the charger make contact with them. It saves wear and tear on your usb port. However, most don't work with skins on them.
    10-24-09 05:48 PM
    I saw something like this on tv the other day. Not quite sure how it works though, the one I saw didn't look like it had any metal prongs. They just laid it down on the charger. Also had an iTouch on it.
    10-24-09 06:01 PM
    It's really not that big an issue to pull a skin, though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-24-09 06:01 PM
    10-24-09 06:02 PM
    I saw something like this on tv the other day. Not quite sure how it works though, the one I saw didn't look like it had any metal prongs. They just laid it down on the charger. Also had an iTouch on it.
    That is supposed to be a wireless charging pad. I hear mixed reviews on them.

10-24-09 06:03 PM
    It's really not that big an issue to pull a skin, though.

my innocase is a pain to do everyday...
    10-24-09 06:03 PM
    The OEM charging pod for the bold charges with the contacts on the sides... they are down toward the bottom of the phone.

The powermat setup looks silly to me. I checked it out at best buy. Having the added bulk on the phone all the time would be silly. The powermat door for the bold wraps around the sides at the bottom to make contact with the charging contacts on the bold.
    10-24-09 06:08 PM
    Where can I get the OEM Charging Pod?
    10-24-09 06:13 PM
    Amazon.com has them. Amazon.com: blackberry bold charging pod
    10-24-09 07:20 PM
    The OEM charging pod for the bold charges with the contacts on the sides... they are down toward the bottom of the phone.

The powermat setup looks silly to me. I checked it out at best buy. Having the added bulk on the phone all the time would be silly. The powermat door for the bold wraps around the sides at the bottom to make contact with the charging contacts on the bold.
    My bad about the contact location..

Here? https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=wf3hK4ri
    albeit more than amazon....
    10-24-09 07:22 PM
    I bought 2 OEM charging pods (home/work) from Amazon. Really good price and good quality. Very happy with the product.
    10-24-09 11:36 PM
    My Berry is sitting in the charging pod now. I got my charging pod from amazon.com.
    10-24-09 11:38 PM
    got mine from abelgian pda-site. very satisfied! a must-have for every bb-user/abuser!

10-25-09 01:36 PM
    love my charging pod!!!!!!!!!!!
    10-25-09 01:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD