Hi,

I'm using a charging cradle for my 9780 for a while now, but I recently noticed that the contact points on the phone gets quite hot when charging. Do you experience the same thing?

I'm just worried that it might harm the phone in the long run.

Hope to hear from you guys, thanks!
    07-18-11 10:30 AM
    I've been using my cradle for the last month with no problems at all. No heating or anything.
    07-18-11 12:17 PM
    I've been using my cradle for the last month with no problems at all. No heating or anything.
    Thanks for your respond! Hope to hear from more people to know if I am the only one experiencing this.

I once opened up the cradle to make the contact point less protruding, but I doubt it should cause the heating problem.
    07-19-11 09:38 AM
    I have used the same charging cradle for both my 9700 and 9780 and never felt any heat arounf the contacts on the bottom of the phone. I would know, too as I have been doing it for years.

What charger do you have the cradle plugged into?

If your device charging OK? Any other problems
    07-19-11 01:59 PM
    I have used the same charging cradle for both my 9700 and 9780 and never felt any heat arounf the contacts on the bottom of the phone. I would know, too as I have been doing it for years.

What charger do you have the cradle plugged into?

If your device charging OK? Any other problems
    Thanks for your reply, I'm plugging it into an original battery charger.

Anyway, after my post yesterday, I decided to just pull out the pins on the cradle slightly. And right now it's charging fine, without the heat.

So I concluded that I might have pushed the pins way too much the other time that it reduced the contact surface area between the cradle and BB, thus there was a high resistance and therefore heat?
    07-20-11 11:09 AM
    I got my cradle from a friend, who told me he got it from DealExtreme, but I can't find it on their website. I don't know if it is original at all.

When I first got it, the pins seemed to be too protruding. When I remove my phone from the cradle, it caused the cradle to lift up slightly. Which was why I decided to meddle with the pins.

The protruding pins also caused some scratches on my phone, on the plastic surface right below the contact points.
    07-20-11 11:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD