Got my new 9780 today. Plugged it in to charge it and an extremely annoying and loud voice said "Charging commenced" and later, "Charging completed". As this was at the bedside, my wife (who was woken - both times) was not impressed.

Please can somebody tell me how I can disable this voice so that when I plug in the charger there is no noise?

Thank you.
    07-02-11 08:48 PM
    Mine has never done that. It came from the phone? Or did you use the usb on your computer to charge it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-02-11 09:50 PM
    sounds like you could be running a 3rd party app look for a program called battery meter or something similar to that. then open the program and select options and it should be there. I installed a program similar to that on my torch and had to disable the voice each and everytime i did and os update good luck
    [email protected] likes this.
    07-02-11 10:18 PM
    I have "Battery Watch" on my phone and everytime I load the OS, the settings go back to default. Then while it is still plugged into the data cable, as soon as the phone boots up, Gilbert Godfrey screams at me "charging started"! Scares the crap out of me everytime.

[email protected] likes this.
    07-02-11 11:33 PM
    I'm guessing your Events Sounds option is turned On. Had never tried turning it on on my 9780 but with my previous 9000 and 8520, there wasn't a voice but something like a beep. But that's strange,you mentioned your phone's brand new and I thought its turned off by default on a new phone.

Go to Options - Accesibility - Event Sounds

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    07-03-11 06:52 AM
    A new phone should not have this software installed. Not sure about the event sounds option but also DO know that that should not be turned on either on a "new" phone.
    07-03-11 09:29 AM
    I have "Battery Watch" on my phone and everytime I load the OS, the settings go back to default. Then while it is still plugged into the data cable, as soon as the phone boots up, Gilbert Godfrey screams at me "charging started"! Scares the crap out of me everytime.

Thanks very much (also to Jayman) - that's the culprit flipping Gilbert. But by opening the App and going into Option and I turned the noisy beggar off. What a relief.

Much appreciated.
    07-03-11 03:46 PM
    Ah, my guess was wrong

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    07-03-11 09:44 PM
    I'm glad I was able to help but this app shouldn't be on your phone if it was a new phone. This is a 3rd party ap. I hope you didn't get cheated.

07-04-11 09:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD