Is it possible to tweak the intensity of the vibrator motor in the Bold to make it 'buzz' harder than it already does? I am not concerned about shortening battery life as I plug it in nightly

thanks
    07-16-09 04:12 PM
    Nope, it's a mechanical device.
    07-16-09 04:27 PM
    Nope, it's a mechanical device.

And it's very weak - IMO - on the Bold. Friend's Curve would wake the dead if it's on a table. Bold wouldn't wake an ant sleeping next to it.
    07-16-09 07:38 PM
    yea, i cant feel mine when i sit on the sofa...gets a little irritating that to hear the tone before i realize that i have a text message.
    07-16-09 07:50 PM
    Is it possible to tweak the intensity of the vibrator motor in the Bold to make it 'buzz' harder than it already does? I am not concerned about shortening battery life as I plug it in nightly

thanks
    LOL... sounds super dodgy. just taking the p!ss.
    07-16-09 07:53 PM
    Attach weights to the rotating part to make it more lopsided and watch your phone break into pieces.
    07-16-09 08:26 PM
    you can change the frequency of the vibration with vibeandring though
    07-16-09 09:20 PM
    Changing the frequency of the vibration isn't the same as the intensity.
    07-16-09 09:31 PM
    ^True, but with the added word of "though" in nikolous's post, most people would get the idea that he or she is saying around the lines of, "Although you have gotten all these 'no' answers, you can change the frequency of the vibration".

It's just some added info for the OP and anyone else.
    07-16-09 09:34 PM
    Thanks to all for the responses. If 'twere not for the needed 3G speed, I would have chosen the 8900 Curve. I had noted the significant difference between Curve and Bold in vibration intensity.
    07-17-09 11:14 PM
    To the "wouldn't wake up an ant" guy.... Ants don't sleep. I learned that on an app on my iPhone called "cool facts" At least my stupid iPhone is good for something. The rest of the time, I use my Bold

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-17-09 11:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD