i have a few questions about changing the bezel for the bold.

-when you change the bezel, is the bold going to look like it was brand new or are there going to be gaps? i only ask because when i changed the housing on my 8310, the top face place was not flush against the middle bezel. i had bought the housing for the 8310 from cnn.cn, so idk if their products are poorly made or if i just got a housing from a bad batch.

-has anyone been able to find OEM parts online or do places sell parts and say that its OEM?

-the battery door i have is a little loose. is it the actual door that is loose or is it a part where the door connects to that is malfunctioning?

thanks for your help!
    07-16-09 05:43 PM
    if you buy quality parts, they'll fit just like oem.

cnn.cn i believe says they sell oem parts, which has been debated, but everything fits like brand new. nothing is loose and there are no gaps...good luck
    07-16-09 05:45 PM
    I changed my bezel last night. I put on the black bezel and got it from cnn. It looks like new, no gaps or nothing. The battery door was a little loose b4 but after the change it's super tight

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-16-09 05:46 PM
    the only thing that makes me want to change my bezel is keeping my Original bezel clean and excellent condition
    07-16-09 06:12 PM
    what concerned me about the OEM bezel at cnn was in the photos it does not have the icon for the mute switch or the icon on the micro sd door. Made me question if it was OEM or not. The bezel I bought from dealsishop.com is definitely OEM.
    07-16-09 08:03 PM
    wow dealsishop comes with speaker mesh already in it... legit.
    07-16-09 08:16 PM
    Hi all,

I have been having this discussion with my buddy who enjoys a BOLD as well and is considering the OEM bezel from cnn.cn. My original bezel got chipped off in a place because of my mistake. So I decided to get this from cnn.cn and make the phone look like new. And so I did. No complaints. I read and heard that the stuff available at cnn.cn does not have the logo or marking on the memory card cover. It is very much there on the one I got installed. Normally I am preatty good in differentiating between an original and a replica. All I would say is that the OEM Bezel from cnn.cn looks original to me. (maybe a replica that looks more original than the original...lol). I just ordered the black bezel as well....I belive its the same stuff just painted black. Will comment on that once I receive the package.
    07-16-09 08:19 PM
    The black bezel does not come with buttons or speakers mesh. I had to use the parts from the original

07-16-09 08:25 PM
    The black bezel does not come with buttons or speakers mesh. I had to use the parts from the original

Thanks bro for the tip. I know it does not come with any of the buttons or the mesh. I recently replaced my original bezel with the OEM bezel from cnn.cn
    So I have the buttons from the original one that I intend on using on the black bezel. But it is such a rip off. The oem bezel with buttons comes for like less than $15 where as if you wanna go black the black bezel as well as the set of black buttons each individually cost $12.99......thats like $25 bucks right there. I posted a comment on that on the review section but as predicted they did not aprove my review......lol

Quick question.....I am a little unsure about the speaker mesh....how do i go about that?
    07-16-09 08:47 PM
    Thanks bro for the tip. I know it does not come with any of the buttons or the mesh. I recently replaced my original bezel with the OEM bezel from cnn.cn
    So I have the buttons from the original one that I intend on using on the black bezel. But it is such a rip off. The oem bezel with buttons comes for like less than $15 where as if you wanna go black the black bezel as well as the set of black buttons each individually cost $12.99......thats like $25 bucks right there. I posted a comment on that on the review section but as predicted they did not aprove my review......lol

Quick question.....I am a little unsure about the speaker mesh....how do i go about that?
    Hi, sorry to interrupt the convo here but I ordered a new bezel (and colored trackball) recently and am waiting for them to come in. But, I didn't order a bezel with buttons and mesh so I figured instead of waiting I'd go ahead and show my noob-ness now and ask..

..what exactly IS speaker mesh? lol.. any pictures?
    All I know is I'm supposed to use my original buttons for the bezel and mesh as well. I know what buttons look like but I have no idea what "mesh" looks like, or where it is placed or what it does. I need some diagrams here lol.
    07-16-09 09:06 PM
    Hi, sorry to interrupt the convo here but I ordered a new bezel (and colored trackball) recently and am waiting for them to come in. But, I didn't order a bezel with buttons and mesh so I figured instead of waiting I'd go ahead and show my noob-ness now and ask..

..what exactly IS speaker mesh? lol.. any pictures?
    All I know is I'm supposed to use my original buttons for the bezel and mesh as well. I know what buttons look like but I have no idea what "mesh" looks like, or where it is placed or what it does. I need some diagrams here lol.

u and I are on the same boat here.....thats why I asked. I could not find any videos on you tube pertaining to the replacement of the buttons and mesh on the bold. Buttons are pretty straight forward. But I have no idea where the mesh is. I have to figure it out when i get my shipment and I compare it side by side with the original bezel. Oh, one more thing. I dont know what you call these but its the 2 tiny button like things on both sides that detects when the handset is put in the holster. You need to take them off from the original one as well. The black bezel does not have that either. Let me know how your installation went. I am next....lol
    07-16-09 09:37 PM
    u and I are on the same boat here.....thats why I asked. I could not find any videos on you tube pertaining to the replacement of the buttons and mesh on the bold. Buttons are pretty straight forward. But I have no idea where the mesh is. I have to figure it out when i get my shipment and I compare it side by side with the original bezel. Oh, one more thing. I dont know what you call these but its the 2 tiny button like things on both sides that detects when the handset is put in the holster. You need to take them off from the original one as well. The black bezel does not have that either. Let me know how your installation went. I am next....lol
    Well I don't have my parts yet, and to be honest I haven't been keeping track of the shipment or day I ordered, so, maybe they'll come tomorrow, maybe in 4 days, who knows haha. I actually ordered a light green bezel rather than the black one - even though it's probably just the original chrome bezel painted and isn't worth what I paid for it with, haha.

Yeah, I've watched the cnn video about disassembling the bold several times, and I get that part. And I've read in these forums that the buttons are very simple to take off, "they just pop right out very easily", though that doesn't tell me how they fit back into the new bezel lol..

And this mesh business makes no sense to me whenever I read about it, because I have no idea what "mesh" even is or what it looks like, its purpose, anything like that.

So, somebody help me (us) out here.
    07-16-09 09:47 PM
    Well I don't have my parts yet, and to be honest I haven't been keeping track of the shipment or day I ordered, so, maybe they'll come tomorrow, maybe in 4 days, who knows haha. I actually ordered a light green bezel rather than the black one - even though it's probably just the original chrome bezel painted and isn't worth what I paid for it with, haha.

Yeah, I've watched the cnn video about disassembling the bold several times, and I get that part. And I've read in these forums that the buttons are very simple to take off, "they just pop right out very easily", though that doesn't tell me how they fit back into the new bezel lol..

And this mesh business makes no sense to me whenever I read about it, because I have no idea what "mesh" even is or what it looks like, its purpose, anything like that.

So, somebody help me (us) out here.

lol........for the buttons make sure you have a nice twizer to hold and place them back. whats your whereabouts? if you ordered it from cnn.cn it should not take more than 7 to 10 days tops. I am in Toronto and my 1st shipemnt got to me only in about 6 days.

Maybe if i get my package before you, I will take the plunge 1st....lol and thyen let you know how it went. Should not be much of a bother honestly. Where did you find the green bezel?
    07-16-09 09:57 PM
    lol........for the buttons make sure you have a nice twizer to hold and place them back. whats your whereabouts? if you ordered it from cnn.cn it should not take more than 7 to 10 days tops. I am in Toronto and my 1st shipemnt got to me only in about 6 days.

Maybe if i get my package before you, I will take the plunge 1st....lol and thyen let you know how it went. Should not be much of a bother honestly. Where did you find the green bezel?
    I ordered a car charger from cnn I'm waiting on, and a light green bezel + green tackball from Truesupplier. I've heard good and bad things about BOTH of these places, so...took the plunge, as they say. I live in GA. Okay, so use a tweezer huh? Thanks
    07-16-09 10:06 PM
    I ordered a car charger from cnn I'm waiting on, and a light green bezel + green tackball from Truesupplier. I've heard good and bad things about BOTH of these places, so...took the plunge, as they say. I live in GA. Okay, so use a tweezer huh? Thanks
    yeah, the tweezer is really helpful with handling the delicate and smaller parts.......I have to check out this truesupplier. Can you give me the link/url? Thanks
    07-16-09 10:11 PM
    My black bezel from CNN fits fine, but it did not help my battery door at all. It is still very loose and I had to apply tape to the back side of the door to make it tight. Not too happy considering this is a $600 phone.
    07-16-09 10:22 PM

The speaker mesh was the longest part for me. What I suggest you do ( this is what I did ) was use a blowdrier to heat up the gleu holding theme there.
    Get a thin ( smalest you could find of twissers) and gentlie peel of a side of the mesh. Once you have a little piece off grab it with your twizer and peel it off gentely. And then stick it on the new bezel. No need to add more gleu.
    Its easy just take you time. Also don't forget the little tube ( it's covering your buttum mesh

07-16-09 10:23 PM
    The speaker mesh was the longest part for me. What I suggest you do ( this is what I did ) was use a blowdrier to heat up the gleu holding theme there.
    Get a thin ( smalest you could find of twissers) and gentlie peel of a side of the mesh. Once you have a little piece off grab it with your twizer and peel it off gentely. And then stick it on the new bezel. No need to add more gleu.
    Its easy just take you time. Also don't forget the little tube ( it's covering your buttum mesh

thanks bro for the response. Now is the mesh a part of the bezel? i was under the impression its separate from the bezel itself???
    07-16-09 10:32 PM
    yeah, the tweezer is really helpful with handling the delicate and smaller parts.......I have to check out this truesupplier. Can you give me the link/url? Thanks
    Truesupplier - Blackberry Accessories & PDA Accessories wholesale Co.

Where is the mesh?
    I know, sounds horribly stupid...
    07-16-09 10:38 PM
    thanks for the feedback guys.

wow i didnt see anything to do with the mesh on the disassembly video for the bold. sounds more complecated now. haha.

anyway, ill check out the site and figure out where i wanna buy my stuff from.

ill check youtube too for a more detailed video than the one done by cnn.cn.

thanks again!!
    07-16-09 11:43 PM
    thanks bro for the response. Now is the mesh a part of the bezel? i was under the impression its separate from the bezel itself???
    Truesupplier - Blackberry Accessories & PDA Accessories wholesale Co.

Where is the mesh?
    I know, sounds horribly stupid...
    There is 2 speaker mesh's One is on the top of the bezel ( the little hole thing next to your mute button) and the second one is on the bottom of your bezel (on the right side. the bigger hole of the two ). The mesh is glued on covering those holes from the inside of the bezel. So by warming it up with the blow dryer, the glue get soft an use a thin pair of tweezers to peel off a small section, From there on lust slowly peel it of with your tweezers and stick it to you new bezel.
    07-17-09 08:34 AM
    There is 2 speaker mesh's One is on the top of the bezel ( the little hole thing next to your mute button) and the second one is on the bottom of your bezel (on the right side. the bigger hole of the two ). The mesh is glued on covering those holes from the inside of the bezel. So by warming it up with the blow dryer, the glue get soft an use a thin pair of tweezers to peel off a small section, From there on lust slowly peel it of with your tweezers and stick it to you new bezel.
    Thank yooouuu!! *bookmarking this thread. or subscribing*
    07-17-09 12:22 PM
    Thank yooouuu!! *bookmarking this thread. or subscribing*
    No problem, it was actually more easy then I thought. Just take your time if you do it
    07-17-09 01:06 PM
    Thank you for the valuable info
    07-17-09 02:04 PM
    Be sure to post pics of that light green bezel...I've had my eye on it, but wasn't sure if it would be exactly what I expected...can't wait to see it!
    07-18-09 09:59 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD