I lost my Blackberry 9700 a while ago and being the curious guy I am, I decided to add my old Blackberry's PIN, just in case someone who finds it uses the BBM. I just wanted to know if my old Blackberry's PIN could be changed in any way, be it legal or illegal. Any help would be much appreciated
    08-15-11 11:16 AM
    No, it can't be changed.
    08-15-11 11:20 AM
    mmmmm i've heard you can change it. only rim can change it tho
    08-15-11 11:43 AM
    mmmmm i've heard you can change it. only rim can change it tho
    Umm, assuming this was true (which it's not), if "only RIM can change it" than "you" cannot.
    rrrebo likes this.
    08-15-11 11:50 AM
    No, cannot change the pin at all. Sorry. Hardcoded at the factory.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-15-11 01:51 PM
    My friend who had his phone stolen off him, called the network provider and locked his phone, basically making the phone scrap, but the PIN is individual and cannot be changed
    08-22-11 10:16 AM
    Blackberry PIN can't be changed.
    Each Blackberry device comes with PIN number and IMEI / ESN numbers that are device specific and unique for each Blackberry device.

It's not possible to change the PIN number that was set on the device by RIM.
    08-22-11 08:35 PM
    yes it CAN be changed, it requires special software which is hard to get, and changing the pin/imei afaik is illegal in most countries.

But it is possible
    creckbarry likes this.
    08-23-11 12:18 AM
    yes it CAN be changed, it requires special software which is hard to get, and changing the pin/imei afaik is illegal in most countries.

But it is possible
    The pin cannot be changed regardless. Also, don't risk getting hit in the gut by the mods. They're reading and watching everything.

08-23-11 12:20 AM
    yes it CAN be changed, the pin is locked to the imei,to change a blackberry pin you will need a pin/imei that match.

Please dont argue with me on this one, I know exactly about what im talking about
    08-23-11 12:31 AM
    yes it CAN be changed, the pin is locked to the imei,to change a blackberry pin you will need a pin/imei that match.

Please dont argue with me on this one, I know exactly about what im talking about
    Not arguing. Telling you that it is illegal to even discuss this here. Not allowed.

08-23-11 12:44 AM

Yeah, and you can change your identity, too. That doesn't make it any less illegal and anybody who can doesn't talk about it. You don't see bllboards for "change your identity call 888 5632". So I personally think you have no idea what you're talking about.

08-23-11 12:22 PM

ok sure
    08-23-11 12:24 PM
    ok sure
    Almost at 5000 I see.

And like he said

No. You cannot and RIM will not change it.
    08-23-11 12:27 PM
    Yeah, and you can change your identity, too. That doesn't make it any less illegal and anybody who can doesn't talk about it. You don't see bllboards for "change your identity call 888 5632". So I personally think you have no idea what you're talking about.

I like your logic, so if someone asks you "can a gun kill a person" your answer will be "no its impossible" instead of "yes, but its illegal"

08-23-11 12:38 PM
    I like your logic, so if someone asks you "can a gun kill a person" your answer will be "no its impossible" instead of "yes, but its illegal"

Just let it go. Nobody thinks you're the expert on the subject, in case you haven't noticed.
    08-23-11 01:18 PM
    The OP asked a question, you said it was impossible, I corrected your post by saying it is possible just illegal, simple as that.

08-23-11 01:21 PM
    The OP asked a question, you said it was impossible, I corrected your post by saying it is possible just illegal, simple as that.

You didn't correct my post.
    08-23-11 01:24 PM

I never said it was impossible. I said that if you ask if guns can kill a person, a murder isn't gonna step in and tell you how to do it and get away with it. Only people who haven't done it would.

08-23-11 02:57 PM
    It is illegal. and likely not going to happen unless from manufacture.

Relentless bantering continues............

Locked.
    08-23-11 03:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD