Hey everyone,
    Recently I've ordered a new housing it has yet to arrive however, it comes with an empty middle plate for the blackberry. Now, I've changed housings before on my own but I'm interested in getting this middle plate changed over. Is there any tutorials online on how to do it properly?
    08-17-11 12:51 PM
    Hey everyone,
    Recently I've ordered a new housing it has yet to arrive however, it comes with an empty middle plate for the blackberry. Now, I've changed housings before on my own but I'm interested in getting this middle plate changed over. Is there any tutorials online on how to do it properly?
    Browse youtube for help:

blackberry 9700 housing change - YouTube

blackberry 9700 disassembly - YouTube
    08-17-11 01:07 PM

I've checked out youtube, none of the videos show how to change the middle plate or if they do all the wires are already secured.
    08-17-11 01:08 PM
    heres a video, not the greatest, but it shud be enuff:

and to put it back together:

Just dont remove the screen and trackpad as it does in these videos, its unecessary.

If the new midplate is missing the memory card and buttons, let me know, ill post sum pics on how to remove and changeover those and the speaker.
    Last edited by krandhawa118; 08-17-11 at 02:07 PM.
    08-17-11 01:58 PM
    Ill try keeping this as simple as possible:

Up first u want to remove the rubber covers for the lock and mute buttons up top

Then remove the actual metal buttons which just slide out

Then remove the side ones, all come off fairly easily, just remember the camera key's button is on the circuit board, and does not need to be removed

up next u need to remove the headphone jack, just use a prying tool and pull it out.

Then u need to remove the memory card holster, use a prung tool to lift from the bottom left side of it, so u dont damage any components.

the camera flash led shud now be visible, gently pull this off with ur fingers.

The speaker shud still be stuck to the midplate, gently pry with a prying tool.

If ur new midpplate does not come with the metal backing, just apply pressure evenly from the battery door side towards the inner side and it shud pop off, and lastly the battery connecter, shud easily pop out.

Now to put it back together, just do everything backwards, start with the battery connecter and metal backing, and so forth.
    08-17-11 02:40 PM
    Just remember that this voids the warranty. Good luck with the new housing (and remember to show it off )

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-11 01:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD