Right, I've decided I'm either going to black out or white out my bold and change the bezel and battery door etc.
    I've watched the disassembly video and it looks pretty easy, am i convincing myself that its easy? What are the chances of something messing up?

thanks
    05-04-09 07:14 AM
    Its pretty easy. You just have to take your time and don't rush the process.

Just remember not to forget the mesh pieces.

Good luck
    05-04-09 07:37 AM
    Thanks, I don't think I'll have a problem with it just ideally don't want a paperweight bold!
    05-04-09 07:46 AM
    I too ordered a black bezel from cnn.cn
    I was wondering, do the mesh parts I believe the speaker area as well as speaker at the top come out easy and easy to put into new bezel... Also, I plan on keeping my leather battery cover, will it work with the new beze (silly question I'm sure)
    05-04-09 07:48 AM
    The Bold is the easiest disassembly of all the BBs I have had.
    05-04-09 09:01 AM
    Hey, it's really easy. I bought my frame off ebay, which came with black buttons, battery button and memory card latch. I recommend you look there as it works out getting the pieces individually from cnn.cn. Change the trackball while you're at it.

DC
    05-04-09 05:27 PM
    Cnn.cn's bezels chip so easily! Mine is chipping and its less than a month old! I have NEVER dropped it either. What a shame.
    05-04-09 05:28 PM
    Ditto for ebay. Perfectesell is a recommended seller (comes with everything)
    05-04-09 05:40 PM
    Awesome, once I get some funds in my paypal account i might give this a go! I'll post up pics once its all done too. Now to decide, all white or black...
    05-04-09 05:52 PM
    I too ordered a black bezel from cnn.cn
    I was wondering, do the mesh parts I believe the speaker area as well as speaker at the top come out easy and easy to put into new bezel... Also, I plan on keeping my leather battery cover, will it work with the new beze (silly question I'm sure)
    Do yourself a HUGE favor and skip CNN all together. Get one from Ebay or Berrymods.com. Pmonmon on ebay is here in the states and his come with all mesh and buttons in tact as does Berrymods. Pmonmon is much cheaper than CNN also when you take into account shipping.
    05-04-09 07:06 PM
    Just ordered all my stuff from ebay. Just anticipating the arrival.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-04-09 07:35 PM
    The mesh parts come off easy enough with a razor or exacto knife but are kind of difficult to put back on the new bezel. If you can skip that process all together by getting it with the mess I would highly recommend that.
    05-04-09 08:44 PM
    The mesh parts come off easy enough with a razor or exacto knife but are kind of difficult to put back on the new bezel. If you can skip that process all together by getting it with the mess I would highly recommend that.
    Its not hard if you use some good, thin tweezers.
    05-04-09 10:12 PM
    I ordered mine from cellphonerepairshop.com. I received it today and had installed in less then 10 minutes. I had a scratched up black one so I ordered a chrome one. My Bold now looks brand new out of the box. It's very easy to install.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-05-09 12:06 AM
    Its pretty easy. You just have to take your time and don't rush the process.

Just remember not to forget the mesh pieces.

Good luck
    +1 LOL I didn't know about it until I read "High Pitch Problem" thread.

1. Good Lighting
    2. Use the Battery Cover to Place Parts
    05-05-09 12:36 AM
    So, i'm finally going to purchase the parts, I live in england, are there any stores online based here ? If not, which is the best place to order from?

thanks
    05-18-09 11:53 AM
    The Bold is the easiest disassembly of all the BBs I have had.
    you must not have had a curve. or a 8820. i changed the colors on both of those in like 4 minutes. my bold took some time cause you have to transfer over all the buttons. and you have to peel the screen off. its not hard it just takes more time than other bb's
    05-18-09 12:17 PM
    just bought the parts, looking forward to this arriving!
    05-18-09 12:23 PM
    EDIT: found cheaper ones and in the UK.
    Last edited by DZA; 05-18-09 at 12:38 PM.
    05-18-09 12:26 PM
    perfectesell for me too. Highly Recommended.
    05-18-09 01:44 PM
    The perfectesell one comes with the mesh also.
    Last edited by papped; 05-18-09 at 01:57 PM.
    05-18-09 01:54 PM
    You dont have to worry about the mesh pieces too much . I changed my bezel and i forgot about the mesh pieces and the sound and acoustics were perfectly okay Good Luck !!
    05-18-09 01:56 PM
    cant decide on the colors? anyone have more than one and keep changing?
    05-18-09 01:58 PM
    i changed mine to black and i love it, it looks great
    05-18-09 02:21 PM
    it is easy. But different operator (AT&T, Rogers, etc) will be a bit different. just be careful with the buttons on the side and the LCD.
    ow, one more thing, be careful with the screw. It is easily broken.
    05-19-09 12:16 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD