Hi there.

I am buying a Bold 9700 to replace my Bold 9000.

My question is; what is the easy way to transfer all my contacts and calendar appointments from one device to the other without messing up all of my contacts or loosing (or have duplicates of) calendar entries?!

Thanks for a great site...
    04-27-10 02:02 PM
    Use your Desktop Manager to do a backup, then restore it with your new bold.
    04-27-10 02:04 PM
    Plug your 9000 into DM and make a back up.

Plug the 9700 into DM and restore said back up file... job done
    04-27-10 02:05 PM
    Thanks guys.

So do I make a full back up, or just selected areas as contacs and calendar?

And it will cause no probs that it is from one model to another i regards of backing up/restoring?
    04-27-10 02:16 PM
    I would do a full backup, I always do, just to be safe. It also will save your settings/preferences, contacts, custom wordlist/dictionary etc as well.

Nope, all blackberries (the newer ones at least) can be backed up and restored on any model. I backed up my old @$$ pearl 8100 to a 9700 and it worked perfectly. Settings and all.
    04-27-10 02:20 PM
    Thanks guys.

So do I make a full back up, or just selected areas as contacs and calendar?

And it will cause no probs that it is from one model to another i regards of backing up/restoring?
    I recently upgraded from an 8900 to a 9700 and used the "Device Switch Wizard" from the Main Menu in Desktop Manager (v5.0.1.37) to transfer everything from my old device to my new one. I had both devices connected to my laptop at the same time and everything went as smooth a silk. It took a matter of seconds... job done!
    04-27-10 02:31 PM
    Or you could use google sync and upload one to google and downlaod to the other and have the security of automatic cloud backups

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-27-10 02:48 PM
    Doing a simple backup and then restore should be fine but I'm with DanGleebitz I would recommend doing a Device Switch. I did the samething when going from my 8900 to my 9700 and it went very smoothly.
    04-27-10 03:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD