so i was thinking as instead of getting insurance, to when something goes wrong(gd forbid! lol) with my new bold i should just buy a certified pre owned bold....i called verizon and they dont have any now, but what i want to know is a price fo around how much it will be because it could be a better option instead of paying for insurance
    07-08-10 10:25 AM
    FRU Factory Refurbished devices are not sold.

They are used to exchange of a issue with another device, mostly warranty issues.

As for if you phone is crushed, burned, melted, drop in a river, etc......... To get back to the same device. You will have to pay full retail.
    07-08-10 10:38 AM
    Not true you can buy certified pre-owned phones from Verizon, they are the phones somebody decides they don't want after 30 days, you can also supposedly return them within 30 days as well, I have heard two different things about that though. I bought a storm2 for like 240 dollars. It was one made in Canada and looked brand new.
    07-08-10 12:29 PM
    Not true you can buy certified pre-owned phones from Verizon, they are the phones somebody decides they don't want after 30 days, you can also supposedly return them within 30 days as well, I have heard two different things about that though. I bought a storm2 for like 240 dollars. It was one made in Canada and looked brand new.
    I thought I read something on here to that effect. They were available for ~ $249.99.
    07-08-10 12:59 PM
    You can buy CLN phones from verizon for about half of retail.
    07-08-10 01:11 PM
    Not saying it's not true but I would like to see some documentation. May help people later on down the road. But news to me thanks! I was always told it's either new retail or active a old phone on the account.
    07-08-10 02:21 PM
    Certified pre owned Phones are MUCH less common on Verizon, than on ATT, but you CAN get them.
    07-08-10 02:36 PM
    Straight form the site at vzw:

Certified Pre-Owned Devices
    07-08-10 02:40 PM

High five!

Thanks
    07-08-10 02:43 PM
    NO problemo I was turned on to it by my VZW rep at the store.
    07-08-10 02:45 PM
    Ya good deal this will help pass the word to people who always post that they fraked their phone up and have no insurance....

Prices may vary... hmmmm only older devices. Not Bolds yet but give it time!
    07-08-10 02:46 PM

I was on this page after the OP started the thread. I missed the part that specifically says:

"If your device experiences a defect after the manufacturer�s warranty has expired and you are not enrolled in Total Equipment Coverage or Extended Warranty, you can purchase a Certified Pre-Owned device to replace your original device."
    07-08-10 02:46 PM
    Certified pre owned Phones are MUCH less common on Verizon, than on ATT, but you CAN get them.
    I've worked for AT&T for a WHILE and never heard even a peep about anything related to Certified pre-owned devices.
    07-08-10 03:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD