Had my bold unlocked when they were doing the free unlock code promotion. Had to get a warranty replacement on the phone... figured it was a long shot but asked them anyway. They reissued the free code for the replacement phone. Awesomely fantastic. I definitley didn't think they'd do it free again. Rightous.
    07-18-09 10:49 PM
    Their great people! I definitely trust them and would use them again.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-18-09 11:06 PM
    Had very bad experiences with unlockitnow ! Didn't expect that kind of service from them !

07-18-09 11:25 PM
    definitely had cellunlock.net help me unlock my blackberry after it was falsely advertised on ebay. had problems wit the unlock at first, but they walked me through on how to get the correct info (very speedy emails) and with the crackberry promotional code, the total was under $7. I LOVE CELLUNLOCK.NET.
    07-19-09 01:46 AM
    i have searched the forums and i have googled, but i cant find what im looking for. well, im going to buy a blackberry bold from att and then unlock it and use it with my existing blackberry account from tmobile. what i want to know is how do i activate it without att? does it have to be activated before you unlock it? is there some special way to activate it when your not planning on using the carrier that is assigned to it? thanks in advance. peace.
    07-19-09 08:10 AM
    +1 for cellunlock.
    07-19-09 08:26 AM
    Using VSM unlock= freakin sweet

07-19-09 08:28 AM
    Is it not dangerous to give cellunlock all that info about your phone. I won one of their unlock contests, and am unsure about them...why would they need my pin #?

jr
    07-24-09 10:52 AM
    Is it not dangerous to give cellunlock all that info about your phone. I won one of their unlock contests, and am unsure about them...why would they need my pin #?

jr

i trust them completely. had 6 blackberry's unlocked by them.
    07-24-09 11:43 AM

jr
    I had the same question several months ago. Rest assured they are legit, thousands on this site have used them with no issues.
    07-24-09 11:45 AM
    Yeah but there free giveaways are bogus if you ask me. I won a giveaway 6 months ago and they never processed the unlock. When I needed another blackberry unlocked and paid for it what do you know? They gave me the unlock code almost immediately.
    07-24-09 12:13 PM
    i have searched the forums and i have googled, but i cant find what im looking for. well, im going to buy a blackberry bold from att and then unlock it and use it with my existing blackberry account from tmobile. what i want to know is how do i activate it without att? does it have to be activated before you unlock it? is there some special way to activate it when your not planning on using the carrier that is assigned to it? thanks in advance. peace.
    Take the phone from the box, Get the IMEI, PIN, anything else cellunlock (or whoever you wish to use) requires, and provide it to them, then follow the normal directions (hint: "MEPD" within the SIM card menu.) to unlock it.

There (in my experience, and I think that of many others) isn't an "activation" process on the BlackBerry itself, you have to have a BlackBerry data plan with proper services provisioned on your account, but if you have all of that, You just need to pop in your SIM card, get an unlock code, and change a few things like your APN (again, search is your friend.)

I unlocked my Bold last night and this was basically the procedure.
    07-24-09 12:20 PM
    Yeah but there free giveaways are bogus if you ask me. I won a giveaway 6 months ago and they never processed the unlock. When I needed another blackberry unlocked and paid for it what do you know? They gave me the unlock code almost immediately.
    This is an unfair statement, although I understand your frustration. About 5 months ago they did a promotion of free unlocks. Few responded, however those that did received a fast response. They did another one in March. I think over 10,000 people responded and they were completely overwhelmed. Some got the codes right away, for some it took weeks. Some never got a response. And many people got nasty that their free unlock didn't come right away. With the exception of the failed promotion, all in all most have been very satisfied with this provider.
    07-24-09 12:26 PM
    When cellunlocknet user here on CB sees this, he/she will ask you for your order #

07-24-09 12:35 PM
    I know there's another thread here where people have said they got unlock codes from AT&T for free, so I'm not quite understanding why anyone would pay for it?
    07-24-09 12:48 PM
    I know there's another thread here where people have said they got unlock codes from AT&T for free, so I'm not quite understanding why anyone would pay for it?
    Not everyone is on AT&T.
    07-24-09 01:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD