Now, I'm not saying that this is correct, but I just saw the BB 9000 on phonearena.com on Verizons page and it says it may come out in May. I don't believe it will come out in May but, I'm super hype about it being CDMA Verizon.
    05-09-08 08:08 AM
    AT&T, Glad I have both! Unlocked Blackberry 9000 on T-mobile here I come!
    05-09-08 08:29 AM
    Verizon will be the last!!!!
    I think Verizon will have it before Sprint (I cite the Curve).
    05-09-08 02:10 PM

The Best will come out 1st..... AT&T!!!
    05-09-08 02:22 PM
    Persoanlly I don't care who comes out with it, but I will just have to get one. 2 BB are always better than one, plus if it is ATT, then I will just have to open an account with ATT
    05-10-08 09:32 AM
    Would buy it in a second...IF ATT comes out with it first!
    05-10-08 10:47 AM
    I think Verizon will have it before Sprint (I cite the Curve).
    Agree. Verizon will see it probably sometime 2009 or so with Sprint following.
    05-10-08 12:07 PM
    Sorry if sound ignorant...I'm a newbie here. Has there been a date given for the release of the 9000?
    05-10-08 02:30 PM
    Sorry if sound ignorant...I'm a newbie here. Has there been a date given for the release of the 9000?
    Not sure but welcome to CB.
    05-10-08 02:33 PM
    I am hoping that its ATT I cant wait.
    05-10-08 02:33 PM
    I doubt AT&T will get it first. I have a feeling RIM is pissed that AT&T delayed the 3G BlackBerry launch for the 3G iPhone. I'd say T-Mobile. I do remember reading on some review of it--I think it was phonearena--that the tentative release for Verizon was early '09.

I really couldn't care less; I'd rather have a 3G Curve right now and watch as GSM users finally get 3G on their Berries. Verizon's already on the way to 4G.
    05-10-08 02:34 PM
    I think AT&T will get it first... But I really don't care who gets it first as someone else said... I'll just buy it from AT&T and get it unlocked..
    05-10-08 02:34 PM
    My hopes and dreams are for T-Mobile, but I think at&t will get it first.
    05-10-08 03:42 PM

The Best will come out 1st..... AT&T!!!
    I agree. AT&T has always been first as far as cutting edge phones.
    05-10-08 06:35 PM
    T-Mobile!!!!
    05-10-08 06:55 PM
    AT&T has always been first as far as cutting edge phones.
    at&t/666 just has a larger legacy customer base. They'll likely get a short advance lead on the it and then TMo will follow shortly thereafter. If you remember, that's what happened with the Pearl and the Curve.

It's dollars and cents. at&t/666 pushes their weight around with RIM. Won't last forever. at&t/666 keep getting poorer and poorer evaluations with J.D. Power and Consumer Reports. Eventually TMo will catch up in subscribers.

Watch for at&t/666 to show up with it followed closely by TMo. For the TMo customers, I'd wait for the TMo branded one to come out. No need to carry around that at&t/666 logo on your phone.
    05-10-08 07:02 PM
    whats with all the speculation... of course its at&t.... tmobile is just starting to roll out 3g and its only available in New York. Why would rim launch their first 3g gsm device with them. I live on the other side of the world and I even know this.
    05-12-08 04:22 PM
    This may answer a few of the questions raised here.Tips and tricks for your mobile device - CNN.com
    05-12-08 09:36 PM
    I'm sorry I intended to send this link.New BlackBerry ups resolution - CNN.com
    05-12-08 09:44 PM
    whats with all the speculation... of course its at&t.... tmobile is just starting to roll out 3g and its only available in New York. Why would rim launch their first 3g gsm device with them. I live on the other side of the world and I even know this.
    Lol... welcome to the crackberry family, even half a world away!
    05-12-08 10:47 PM
    I doubt AT&T will get it first. I have a feeling RIM is pissed that AT&T delayed the 3G BlackBerry launch for the 3G iPhone. I'd say T-Mobile. I do remember reading on some review of it--I think it was phonearena--that the tentative release for Verizon was early '09.

I really couldn't care less; I'd rather have a 3G Curve right now and watch as GSM users finally get 3G on their Berries. Verizon's already on the way to 4G.
    This statement made by RIM's Co-CEO...

AT&T is the only U.S. operator with a cellular broadband network compatible with the initial Bold model. Later versions could work on the Sprint Nextel Corp. and Verizon Wireless networks, according to RIM co-chief executive Mike Lazaridis.
    Leads to me believe that whether RIM is mad, they don't have a choice. Being that AT&T is the largest provider of Blackberry devices, it would make great business sense to have a breakthrough (RIM breakthrough) device come to AT&T.
    05-12-08 10:58 PM
    what the bummer? AT&T will be the first carrier has the blackberry bold! From what I've heard the rumors such as NBC, CNN NEWS on tv and even on the internet..
    05-13-08 04:14 AM
    would you be able to unlock a 9000 (bold) and take it to tmo would it work ??
    05-13-08 05:56 PM
    None of you people know you can buy unlocked GSM based (AT&T, T-Mobile, Cellular One, etc..) phones, then just put your SIM in them? Or you can buy a phone from one carrier and pay a small fee to have it unlocked - which makes it usable on any network? I know it doesn't do the CDMA folks any good, but everyone else can just buy any phone they want and use their current SIM in it?
    05-13-08 06:00 PM
    T-Mobile & AT&T. . . .I think they will have them at the same time
    05-15-08 11:34 PM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD