Hey all --

I am a BlackBerry newbie, I received my Bold 9650 yesterday. I noticed my trackpad seems to "lean" to one side.

I did my best to take a picture to show you what I mean...

Should I be concerned about this? Is it "normal?"

Thanks,

David
    06-19-10 06:29 PM
    yes, 95% of Bolds have a tilted trackpad
    06-19-10 06:30 PM
    correct^ unfortunately it's normal, not a deal breaker though, imo
    06-19-10 06:32 PM
    Thanks to both of you. I barely notice it, but I am very meticulous about the little things, so I was a bit concerned.

Just wanted to make sure.
    06-19-10 06:35 PM
    That actually from my understanding is just a piece that is hovering over the actual trackpad. Every trackpad device I have picked up so far to date, whether a demo, a friends, my own have all seen this.

Unless it wobbles badly from side to side I would say that it is something you will just get used to, and should be no cause for concern.
    06-19-10 06:36 PM
    Mine is like that, but after running my finger over it on all sides it's not really noticeable. Not enough for me to call and complain about. In fact, until I saw your pic and really examined my Bold I never gave it a thought.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-19-10 07:25 PM
    Mine is like that, but after running my finger over it on all sides it's not really noticeable. Not enough for me to call and complain about. In fact, until I saw your pic and really examined my Bold I never gave it a thought.

same here, didn't notice it until it was pointed out, ignorance is bliss they say
    06-19-10 07:43 PM
    I guess it does tilt in all directions and it's not a big deal, just was wondering.

Thanks again to all of you for your input.
    06-19-10 07:59 PM
    37 seconds of searching for 'trackpad' and you'd of seen 20 threads on it and about 500 posts

just saying
    06-19-10 08:19 PM
    Not all of them are that tilted and bumped but as long as it is working, don't worry about it.
    06-19-10 08:41 PM
    37 seconds of searching for 'trackpad' and you'd of seen 20 threads on it and about 500 posts

just saying
    Thanks for the input, I will go that route in the future.
    06-19-10 08:46 PM
    Not too much to worry about.

Mine is the same and works perfectly. No wobble or anything.

06-19-10 08:59 PM
    I just wanted to compliment the original poster on an awesome picture. I don't have mine yet and have seen many many posts about this, but hadn't seen a picture yet. Not that they aren't there, I just hadn't seen one or a link to one in all the posts. Nicely done and thanks.
    06-19-10 09:35 PM
    yeah took back the original one I had which had the tilt/slant/lean and got a second one with a tilt/slant/lean. One person I talked to at verizon said that they are "designed" that way with a tilt, didn't know why though
    06-19-10 10:08 PM
    some of suggested the TILT is so it is easier for people to use, mainly right handed they presume, the slant gives it an angle so it's easier to use with the right thumb.
    06-19-10 11:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD