I need some help! Well the people that work for my carrier need help!

I am currently using a 8530 on MTS in Manitoba. It's just CDMA that I am using. My good friend gave me a Bold 9650 to see if I could get it hooked up to work. It's unlocked and when I talked to MTS on the phone they said go to a connect store and it should hook up just fine.

I tried....they could only get the bold to make calls and sms, it lost all my data plans.

Talked to MTS tech and a guy there says the phone has to be hooked up to HSPA, the 3G. So I am back to the store today and the girl tries to hook it to CDMA and only calls and sms work, no data. She pops in her sim card and that doesn't work either.

I ask about having to change any settings on the phone and she looks at me like I have two heads!

I know there has to be a way to make it work. I am assuming I have to change some settings? WHAT DO I HAVE TO CHANGE?

I went into Options, Mobile Network, and best Mobile Network it said Alltel, and the Network Technology: was set to Global, when I changed the Network Technology to GSM/UMTS the Mobile Network changed to Rogers Wireless.

Now on the phone where there is usual the signal strength bars is says SOS. I assume I can make emergency calls now.

Did I do what needed to be done in order for it to work?

Anyone have any tips, ideas, comments?

Any help is good help! Thanks so much!
    08-03-11 11:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD