Hey Guys

Just bought a BBB from craigslist in the states, the phone has Telcel (Mexico) as the OS since it originated from there.

I was wondering how I could change it so it was on the Rogers (Canada) operating system instead?

Any help would be fantastic and greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
    06-08-09 10:30 PM
    that is why you should of bought it UNLOCKED.

Get it unlocked at CellUnlock.net Wireless-Your #1 Source for Accessories, Parts, Repairs, Service & Unlocking!

they will send you a code to get your phone unlocked and be able to use on Rogers.
    06-08-09 10:39 PM
    I did buy it unlocked. Sorry I should clarify that I just need the OS changed as it shows TelCel on the loading screens and such instead of Rogers.

I am also having issues connecting to App World, since it's only available in Canada, the US and UK I'm assuming the carrier OS might be causing this issue.
    06-09-09 06:36 AM
    That would require you to rebrand your device using potentially illegal software that could end up turning your device into a brick. If you have it unlocked and are using another carrier, the device branding shouldn't be effecting your ability to use App World.

Chris
    06-09-09 06:41 AM
    That would require you to rebrand your device using potentially illegal software that could end up turning your device into a brick. If you have it unlocked and are using another carrier, the device branding shouldn't be effecting your ability to use App World.

Chris
    beat me to it yet again.
    06-09-09 07:04 AM
    Ah I see...so does anyone know why this app world problem is persisting? I'm getting the cannot connect message - seems to be a common issue but nobody seems to have a solution!
    06-09-09 07:31 AM
    What about your plan with Rogers? Do you have a data plan? Does your phone have a its network settings set to Rogers under APN? Is this the ONLY application giving you problems? Have you tried to uninstall, re-download the and do a battery pull?
    06-09-09 08:06 AM
    I have a data plan with Rogers and it's set up correctly.

There's nothing under APN but I called in and Rogers said that all of my APNs are set up correctly in the account.

This is the only application giving me problems, I can surf the web on it, everything else is okay.

I've done an uninstall and battery pull as well but the issue still persists.
    06-09-09 09:38 AM
    I don't see how you are getting this issue. Only other possible issue you might be getting is making sure your TCP/IP settings are correct, enabling your apps to work without a problem, and also maybe doing an OS upgrade (not sure what OS you have so I am just assuming you don't have 4.6.0.266 or 5.0 beta). You might also have to resend service books from Rogers on this application. Your final bet, is you might have to go to BlackBerry's own support forum.
    06-09-09 09:49 AM
    I have the most up to date OS, I guess I'll give the other support forum a try.

Thanks for your help fabuloso!
    06-09-09 09:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD