So I was involved in a car accident a day ago and car ended up on its side along with coffee pooling down at the bottom and my phone sitting in it front down. After getting out and grabbing my phone and wiping it off, I needed my phone to do some calling and what not. Passenger and I were both okay, no injuries at all.

The phone partially worked and its gotten a little better, but right now the call and end buttons dont work along with the trackball wont register when pushed down, everything else is in working order.

If I leave it to dry now is there a possibility it might fix the keys? i would have pulled the battery in any other circumstance but it was an emergency and i needed my phone.

Thanks
    08-23-09 01:45 AM
    Its a 50/50 call since you used it while wet.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-23-09 01:49 AM
    You could probably be able to get it replaced through an auto insurance claim. You might check with your agent.
    08-23-09 02:04 AM
    in the uk depending on the type of cover and whether a 3rd party was involved we can claim for the replacement of the handset against their insurance policy, if you was the only other person then make a claim with ur insurer.
    08-23-09 03:24 PM
    If you cant get your phone replaced through insurance, you could always buy new parts. Although im not entirely sure it would help at all. (as it could be your motherboard is the problem)

but this may help.
    First off if you dont have insurance on the phone you may as well void the warrenty, take the keyboard off and push the buttons on the motherboard, with the battery in of course. if they work you could just buy a new keyboard from cnn.cn or amazon (a lot cheaper)
    trackball is a little trickier. Its a lot harder to get off and even if you could get it off i dont know how to check if it would register, i believe there is a button below it just like the other keys. if you can click it without the trackball same as keys. buy a new one.

cnn.cn has a video to show you how to take the phone apart.
    for further reference, put your phone in rice or kitty litter to absorb the liquids. yes it may get some in there, but you can take your phone apart to get it out, you actually might just take it apart and dry it with a towel and put the rest in rice for assurance. worked on my pearl, no water damage, everything works great.
    08-23-09 03:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD