My sister called me asking why she can't watch Grey's anatomy (http://abc.go.com/shows/greys-anatomy) on her Bold (OS .411). She gets this msg:

"You appear to be outside the United States or its territories. Due to international rights agreements, we only offer this video to viewers located within the United States and its territories."

I also got the message (OS .509). I did a search of the message on the forums but didn't get anything.
    Prior to my installing 5.0.0.411 on her Bold she was able to watch it without any problems.
    --note: I am able to watch youtube and access grey's anatomy via the mobile tv icon on the bold.
    **sisterly translation--its YOUR fault! Fix my phone!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by vecharo; 03-01-10 at 08:47 PM.
    03-01-10 08:36 PM
    From what I have heard, most of RIM's BIS servers run out of Canada (being the RIM is headquartered out of Waterloo, Ontario), which is why the error is showing up.

03-02-10 12:41 AM
    watching it through the mobile tv icon, goes through your carriers data network (within the US). watching it through the regular browser may, like the poster above me said, read your IP address as canadian since it goes through RIM's servers.
    03-02-10 01:46 AM
    But why didn't it give any issues when she was on 4.6. She's an avid grey's anatomy fan so she's gone to that site many times before. Any chance that its reading the browser based on the official carrier? Meaning the .411 (is it? Or that just .464?) is carried by an outside US carrier so somehow the browser thinks anyone running that browser must be outside of the US (long shot).
    Thanks in advance

03-02-10 06:41 AM
    is there a way to watch tv free on the bold ??
    03-02-10 01:51 PM
    Hi, I am currently using www.watchingtvabroad.com. I tested their free trial, which has some limited connection time, but it worked for me fine. So I paid for the unlimited service and I can watch any of the US TV on my PC and iPad while I am abroad.
    12-09-13 03:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD