I think I am going to pull the trigger and buy an un-branded Bell 9900 on ebay to use on AT&T. I know it works and I can get H+, but I will not have VVM (unless I do some back end stuff). My question is: When AT&T releases the 9900, will it be the exact same device? Is there a chance that they will change something that will make it better, or will it just be AT&T software changes? Also when AT&T does release the 9900, will I then suddenly have VVM back without having to manipulate anything? Thanks.
    08-19-11 06:07 PM
    You'll need to update the OS to AT&T version to get VVM and any other AT&T specific apps and Services. No way the Hardware would change so you should be good to go.
    08-19-11 06:33 PM
    Thanks for the info. However, I use non-AT&T OS's on my 9700 & 9800 and I always have VVM, what's the difference with OS 7?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-19-11 06:36 PM
    I have the same question. I use an unlocked 9700 (could not stand the 9800 anymore) and have att visual voice mail. I am also worried that the AT&T phone when released will be improved. I am willing to wait if improved, but very much want the 9900 now!
    08-19-11 07:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD