I was on my first conference call with my new Bold 9930. The attendees were all muted. The key combo to unmute is *6. I could not for the life of me get the teleconference to recognize the key strokes to unmute. Any idea why/

Thanks, Steve
    02-29-12 09:24 PM
    Is there a reason you don't use the on screen icon or the physical button between the vol keys? Or the third option menu/turn mute off.
    Last edited by albee 1; 02-29-12 at 09:51 PM.
    02-29-12 09:48 PM
    It has nothing to do with the mute function on the phone. The moderator of the conference call has control over muting all of the lines so that they don't have to rely on people muting their individual phone. So it has to do with sending the key combination to the conference software to unmute the line.
    02-29-12 09:54 PM
    OK...it just dawned on me that I should test this out with my own conference bridge number and it worked fine. So I am now suspecting that maybe the moderator of the other conference I was on had something set that didn't allow me to unmute. Apparently...my reputation preceeded me! Sorry to chew up the bandwidth.
    02-29-12 10:00 PM
    It just may be possible that whoever initiates the conference call is the only one holding the "power" to Mute! Hahaha!
    03-01-12 06:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD