I conect my device to my computer and tried update Os with Desktop manager. But theres error i got:
    Cant Update my OS.-jpmtpbd.png
    I click install then it fails and got this:
    Cant Update my OS.-ruja4ki.png
    How can i fix that problem?
    Thats how Desktop manager home page looks like:
    Cant Update my OS.-e3vfwhk.png
    12-06-13 06:45 AM
    Hello.
    First you need to have the newest Desktop Manager software installed on your PC.
    After that is installed THEN you cable your phone and try the update.
    Have you tried those steps?
    12-06-13 06:49 AM
    Hello.
    First you need to have the newest Desktop Manager software installed on your PC.
    After that is installed THEN you cable your phone and try the update.
    Have you tried those steps?
    Yes i got Desktop Software v7.1.0 B42 which i downloaded few minutes ago.
    12-06-13 06:53 AM
    Instead of those. Try loading the leak 10.2.1.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-13 07:02 AM
    Instead of those. Try loading the leak 10.2.1.

Posted via CB10
    How ? I dont know too much about Blackberry
    12-06-13 07:38 AM
    Which device are you trying to update?
    12-06-13 07:44 AM
    How ? I dont know too much about Blackberry

Your using a 9780, ignore Kacy10 since they don't know what they are talking about. The 9780 is NOT capable of installing 10.X anything.
    paper_monkey likes this.
    12-06-13 07:45 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...evices-873653/
    Go here and download according to your device and follow the instructions. The file is little big

Posted via CB10
    Do you even know what a 9780 is?
    12-06-13 07:46 AM
    Which device are you trying to update?
    I think i need a guide about that. Are there any guide ?
    12-06-13 07:50 AM
    Your using a 9780, ignore Kacy10 since they don't know what they are talking about. The 9780 is NOT capable of installing 10.X anything.
    Oh okey
    12-06-13 07:51 AM
    Sorry thought he had BlackBerry 10 device. If you're unable to update then uninstall BlackBerry desktop and run ccleaner, reboot it and install fresh again. If not working, nuke it.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-13 07:51 AM
    Sorry sorry which device you're using??

Posted via CB10
    12-06-13 07:52 AM
    Sorry sorry which device you're using??

Posted via CB10
    Cant Update my OS.-dbzyscl.png
    9780 obv
    paper_monkey likes this.
    12-06-13 07:54 AM
    Lol. I didn't see it properly. Xoxoxoxoxo

Posted via CB10
    12-06-13 08:12 AM
    Lol. I didn't see it properly. Xoxoxoxoxo

Posted via CB10
    Lol it shows it in his screen shots
    12-06-13 08:35 AM
    Yeah the screen shot was not loaded that's why.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-13 10:20 AM
    I guess many of the replies above spotted you via some "new post" section of the website and not realising you had a Bold 9780.

So.... let us start again. I'm also a Bold 9780 user. And I don't upgrade with Blackberry Desktop Manager as it does not give you the truly latest or best version of the OS for your phone. It just offers what your carrier thinks is the newest.

Below is a link to a post I did for someone else wanting to upgrade. There is a much simpler option to use "loader.exe" which gives you more control.

Personally I'd see if that Blackberry Desktop Manager will perform a backup okay for you. Backups are always good, but the loader.exe method I'll describe does the backup as part of the process anyway. But always good to have extra backups.

(For the record, my BDM is version 7.1.0.32)

The ONLY OS versions you are looking at all start with a v6. Our Bolds are OS 6 and cannot run OS7 or 10 or android or random fairy OS.

So... follow a link to some instructions:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...0/#post8490793

I am biased to 6.0.0..666 of the OS. Has done me proud over the years. The very latest is 6.0.0.756. Links to both are referred to in that post above.

You can use any OS from any carrier as they are all the same once you delete the vendor.xml file(s)

Oh - and beware at the end of that thread there is another random clueless poster who shoves his oar in and mentions .570... total waste of time that buggy version is.
    12-06-13 01:36 PM
    Uninstall the desktop manager on your computer. Then you can get BlackBerry_Desktop_Manager_6.1_b20. from this website.
    Archived RIM Desktop Software - BlackBerry Forums Support Community

I don't have instructions, but as I remember, it was very easy to use.
    UcanDenizalti likes this.
    12-06-13 01:57 PM
    I guess many of the replies above spotted you via some "new post" section of the website and not realising you had a Bold 9780.

So.... let us start again. I'm also a Bold 9780 user. And I don't upgrade with Blackberry Desktop Manager as it does not give you the truly latest or best version of the OS for your phone. It just offers what your carrier thinks is the newest.

Below is a link to a post I did for someone else wanting to upgrade. There is a much simpler option to use "loader.exe" which gives you more control.

Personally I'd see if that Blackberry Desktop Manager will perform a backup okay for you. Backups are always good, but the loader.exe method I'll describe does the backup as part of the process anyway. But always good to have extra backups.

The ONLY OS versions you are looking at all start with a v6. Our Bolds are OS 6 and cannot run OS7 or 10 or android or random fairy OS.

I am biased to 6.0.0..666 of the OS. Has done me proud over the years. The very latest is 6.0.0.756. Links to both are referred to in that post above.

You can use any OS from any carrier as they are all the same once you delete the vendor.xml file(s)

Oh - and beware at the end of that thread there is another random clueless poster who shoves his oar in and mentions .570... total waste of time that buggy version is.
    Why it asks too much information for an OS download? any way to skip that info page? I dont feel comfortable about that
    Cant Update my OS.-i6insob.png
    12-06-13 02:28 PM
    Uninstall the desktop manager on your computer. Then you can get BlackBerry_Desktop_Manager_6.1_b20. from this website.

Ill try that also thanks for your help
    12-06-13 02:29 PM
    Why it asks too much information for an OS download? any way to skip that info page? I dont feel comfortable about that
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	I6iNSob.png 
Views:	48 
Size:	59.5 KB 
ID:	227547

It just asks for it, not for you to send in a copy of your birth certificate. Just fill it in with bogus information. First Name = Yes, Last Name = Donkey, Job Title = Ruler of the free world, City = Azeroth, Email = [email protected]
    12-06-13 03:47 PM
    I agree with "BatterPudding" as he is the resident expert on upgrading software on the mighty 9780, and has, in fact, saved my bacon.
    Thanks to him, my 9780 is running better than it did when it was brand new.

I also agree that the desktop manager is not a good way to upgrade your Berry. That's one of his best tips. I'd always go with loader.exe. It's sleek, it works, and you can load a much more broader spectrum of updates, not just what your carrier thinks you need.

Let us know how it worked out. Follow Batter's advice, and you will be fine. I sure was.
    12-06-13 04:06 PM
    If this is your first time updating the OS, be prepared that it will take a while to complete the process, so plan to do it when you are not busy, and do not panic that it is taking too long. Do not disconnect your phone while it is updating.
    UcanDenizalti likes this.
    12-06-13 05:06 PM

Thanks! I Updated my OS. But i got another error can you check it out please?
    WhatsApp History problem "Message History Disabled: no Media Card found" - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com
    12-07-13 03:49 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	I6iNSob.png 
Views:	48 
Size:	59.5 KB 
ID:	227547
    I always fill that page with garbage. Including fake email address. NO need to give them real details.

Edit: Haha... beaten to it by MobileMadness002. I do wonder what happens to all this crud data. Surely people don't fill real details in do they?
    Last edited by Batter Pudding; 12-07-13 at 04:09 AM.
    12-07-13 03:56 AM
29 12