Try uninstalling the desktop manager, it will also uninstall the app loader, reinstall it. then delete the vendor.xml again.
    06-21-11 04:07 PM
    Tried it and it still isn't there. I'm tired and I'm thru, don't know what else to do.
    06-21-11 04:47 PM
    You have installed the OS for your phone on your computer?
    06-21-11 06:14 PM
    Yes, both .546 and .570.
    06-22-11 09:47 AM
    Sorry not sure what else for you try if you're following the link.
    06-22-11 02:54 PM
    What am I doing wrong? I did a search for vendor thru startup button with no results. Why am I still not seeing .546 or .570 in app loader or dm? I wasn't connected to the internet.
    If DM or AppLoader aren't seeing the new OS versions, then that's definitely down to a vendor.xml file still being present somewhere on your PC.

If you can't find it manually by looking in C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader, then you need to do a full PC search for it.

Unfortunately the search method you used through the startup button won't work. That only searches for apps and folders, and not individual files.

You'll need to press the Start button and select 'Help & Support'. Type 'Search Folder' in the box, then select 'Find a File or Folder' from the list then select 'To find a file or folder using the Search folder'. Select 'Click to open search'. Click on the expand arrow next to 'Advanced Search'. Click on 'Location' and use Local Disk C:. Enter the word 'vendor' under Name. Make sure the box is checked next to 'Include non-indexed, hidden, and system files'.

Once the search is complete, delete any files named 'vendor.xml', switch off your PC internet connection, hook up your phone, and try again...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-22-11 04:11 PM
    Ah I never knew that but in win7 I find it is not in help and support but you first have to change the folder options in windows explorer. Click on organize.

Then choose folder and search options, click on the view tab.

Then tick show hidden files, folders, and drives.

Then click apply and OK. Go to start, control panel, indexing options, tic the c: drive or any other drive you want it to search in.

Now when you search from the start menu it should search your whole hard drive.
    Last edited by kbz1960; 06-23-11 at 07:29 AM. Reason: Found an easier way to do this
    06-22-11 05:14 PM
    Guys, I appreciate all of your help and advice. Still didn't find another vendor file and update still not in app loader. I guess it's not meant for me to update, have to stay where I am for the time being.
    06-22-11 09:18 PM
    Do you know anyone else that can do it for you? Maybe something wrong with some setting on your computer.
    06-22-11 09:20 PM
    I'll ask around. Again, thanks.
    06-22-11 09:34 PM
    Guess I'm not really one to give up so easy, I did a few things w/laptop and would you believe it, I'm updated to .570!
    06-23-11 02:42 PM
    Glad everything worked out!
    06-23-11 03:18 PM
    Great, glad you got it. Now don't forget what you did lol.
    06-23-11 03:52 PM
    Already! lol
    06-25-11 09:39 AM
    Guess I'm not really one to give up so easy, I did a few things w/laptop and would you believe it, I'm updated to .570!
    Please explain what your did with your laptop im having the same issue

Thanks
    07-12-11 02:49 AM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD