when i go to the email setup wizard i only have the option to set up a enterprise email account....no personal email option, and my bbm doesnt work its there but it doesnt work ive sent requests to friends and visa-versa and nothing...the pending requests just sit there...

Background info: ive had my CB for four days now, my service plan is through my job; RS
    05-22-09 03:23 PM
    Your data services aren't working. Do a battery pull and let us know what happens.
    05-22-09 03:24 PM
    How is that if I can access the internet....?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-22-09 03:28 PM
    So you have the Blackberry logo next to 3G on the homescreen?

05-22-09 05:16 PM
    ? I don't kmow what u speak of? No I don't thers that three squar thing and an unlocked lock and then 3G fallowed by the sevice bars

how do i get that?!? ive done the battery pull..nothing tho...

Last edited by THEDLO; 05-22-09 at 05:51 PM.
    05-22-09 05:43 PM
    Your plan may be a BES (corporate) account.
    05-22-09 05:51 PM
    even though i dont have the bb sign?
    05-22-09 05:53 PM
    I had the same problem when I got my bold do a software update and the option to setup normal email will appear

05-22-09 06:02 PM
    Well when I first got it I did the software updat via desktop maneger....should I still do It?

05-22-09 06:05 PM
    You may want to call AT&T, they may have your account screwed up. Wouldn't be the first time. You can also resend service books by logging into your BIS. BlackBerry Internet Service
    05-22-09 06:09 PM
    The thing is my plan is an emplyee plan especially made for radioshack I pay just $30 and I get unlimited web and text and 2000 min so last time I called they did understand my bb plan...

05-22-09 07:41 PM
    Ok, I understand what you mean by employee plan.

See if you can log into BIS.
    05-22-09 08:20 PM
    k i tried making an account and it says that my device has not been registered with the network...now what
    05-22-09 09:41 PM
    here's a screen shot of my network status

im assuming that the BIS thing is bad cause it not connected so how do i get it connected?
    05-22-09 10:03 PM
    if you go to att.blackberry.com they have a place where you can set up personal e-mail that's what i had to do
    05-23-09 08:58 PM
    Yea I did that but It says that I'm not registered with the net work....

05-23-09 09:09 PM
    I had the same problem when I first bought my BB. I only had the option for BES. I tried the battery pull and resending the service books and it did not work. I next called my provider (Rogers).

The rep saw that I was on a dataplan but the device was not registered on their end. The rep was able to get me setup and then they created a BIS acct for me to login to setup my email accounts. Once this was done they had me restart my device and the BIS option was there.

My suggestion is to get in touch with your provider and stay on the phone with them until it is sorted out.

05-23-09 09:24 PM
    Does the registration have anything to do with the type of plan?

05-23-09 09:45 PM
    did you change your imei/esn on your plan thats what happend to me yesterday and i could stll access media net i have the same plan and everything on my employee plan and my rae has to change my imei and everything. so you may want to see about that
    05-29-09 08:20 AM
    did you change your imei/esn on your plan thats what happend to me yesterday and i could stll access media net i have the same plan and everything on my employee plan and my rae has to change my imei and everything. so you may want to see about that
    yea i did that the same day i got it....so my imei is current.....i dont know what to do, the ppl at ATT dont get my plan so they insist on adding a bb plan....
    05-29-09 11:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD