Tried with Telus, but no help.
    After my phone is turned off, and I power it back up, my email doesn't work (send or receive) untill I reboot phone. It also seems that after rebooting, I need to switch "data" off then back on to get email to work. It then works fine untill I turn power off again.
    Very upsetting, as email is quite important to me and I miss the instant like email notifications.
    Any ideas? I am currently using wifi out of the country, but it was doing this before I left.
    Thanks people.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-23-11 01:07 PM
    You turn it off why?
    09-23-11 04:12 PM
    Tried with Telus, but no help.
    After my phone is turned off, and I power it back up, my email doesn't work (send or receive) untill I reboot phone. It also seems that after rebooting, I need to switch "data" off then back on to get email to work. It then works fine untill I turn power off again.
    Very upsetting, as email is quite important to me and I miss the instant like email notifications.
    Any ideas? I am currently using wifi out of the country, but it was doing this before I left.
    Thanks people.

Nothing wrong with your phone. It does take a bit of time from an initial boot to get your various signals up and running. You shouldn't have to perform a BP to get your phone working. Go to Wireless Connections and turn em all off (after you have turned your phone on) and kill all signals, wait a second or two, and then turn em on. This happens to me when I go below ground where I may not have the best signal. Again, it is your phone and you can turn it off, I just don't see why you would be doing this if you are waiting for an important e-mail/txt/sms/etc...
    09-23-11 04:38 PM

09-23-11 06:26 PM
    I turn my phone off because I drive trains for a living and if I have my power on while at work, I will get fired.
    And my old Tour NEVER did that.

09-23-11 06:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD