I like the new look of the Crackberry site bur since the change I can't read any posts without have to keep scrolling left and right to view them. Starting to get really annoying. The older version used to fit to my screen. Am I missing a setting somewhere? Does Tap-a-talk show a different view that might fit my screen better?
    TIA
    k1ward likes this.
    03-15-13 05:30 AM
    I like the new look of the Crackberry site bur since the change I can't read any posts without have to keep scrolling left and right to view them. Starting to get really annoying. The older version used to fit to my screen. Am I missing a setting somewhere? Does Tap-a-talk show a different view that might fit my screen better?
    TIA
    If you go to the bottom of the main page, you'll find that you can choose from four different formats: MobileLite, Mobile, Tablet, and Desktop. I don't know if this will solve your problem.
    calicocat2010 likes this.
    03-15-13 05:38 AM
    That seems to change the main page. It seems the problem for me is only on the topics pages and the actual forum pages like this one.
    03-15-13 05:48 AM
    Well, I bit the bullet and bought Tapatalk. It shows a different view so now I can read the whole post without scrolling back and forth. Actually I'm glad I bought the app, its pretty good and much easier to read and navigate in some of the other forums I read. Anybody else annoyed with the same problem I do recommend it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    03-16-13 05:27 PM
    Tapatalk puts it back to normal? I'm gonna look into it then cuz this is driving me absolutely crazy and I hate the black/white. I can't see straight after viewing it onmy mobile. And the links for changing the theme don't work when viewing thethreads

Ya, there are no screenshots of the app and no trial. No go for me. I need to make sure it works according to some of the reviews and what I can/cant do with the app itself
    03-16-13 06:24 PM
    I can say I do like reading on the app much better than the CB mobile site. White background, black printing. And best of all-no scrolling needed!
    I do think the app is a little overpriced but it does making reading thru the forums much easier so it is worth it to me. I've just finished adding all my forums to it and they are all much easier to read and navigate.
    I don't think you'll be sorry if you buy the app.

03-16-13 09:25 PM
    This has got to get fixed. The old Beta with the black background worked great but is no longer available. C'mon CB!
    sedalia066 likes this.
    03-17-13 01:14 AM
    Glad to see I wasn't the only onewith this problem, I thought it was a setting on my phone but any other forum I went to looked fine. I'm sure this forum looks great on a BB10 phone!

03-18-13 05:23 AM
    How are you doing CB on that fix? Kinda crazy that a BB site won't run on BB devices.
    03-19-13 12:51 AM
    I tried all the settings for the site but could not get it to format properly. By the replies my post has gotten I can assume I'm not the only one with this problem. My guess (and I have nothing to base this on, just my opinion) is the site was changed to accommodate BB10 phones. I finally decided to look for other options and bought Tapatalk. It does the job for me, I really like the navigation setup and the formatting it uses. I do think it is a bit overpriced but that is a personal decision. It does the job for me and I have no regrets spending the money for it.

03-19-13 05:51 AM
    Have used Tapatalk for years to view CB. never use the CB app. Tapatalk is much better. Buy it.
    It does not show ads, you can see personal info on posters, like posts, etc. Great app.
    MobileMadness002 likes this.
    03-19-13 07:14 AM
    Does it consume a lot of memory or CPU cycles? I'm concerned about battery consumption.
    03-19-13 10:18 AM
    im not installing/buying an app to read a page which used to work fine till the site admins started messing about with the layouts.

poor show people, poor show
    sedalia066, kazin and Frehley like this.
    03-20-13 12:53 PM
    [QUOTE=iamq;8159432]im not installing/buying an app to read a page which used to work fine till the site admins started messing about with the layouts.

You might be stuck buying a Z10 then. That's the only phone I've seen that it shows up right on

03-22-13 10:18 AM
    I won't be buying a new phone either to view these pages! lol.

If I have a lot of time on my hands at some point I'll rip and re-render the page through my own server so I can have it display what I want where I want.

Which will include the removal of all adverts and non relevant content.
    Last edited by iamq; 03-25-13 at 01:43 PM.
    03-22-13 12:45 PM
    Any action on this CB?
    03-23-13 12:30 AM