Bold supports A2DP. My Plantronics 510 supposedly supports A2DP.

I connect the headset and the bold says "Connection to PLT 510 succeeded." and the "Handsfree" box has a check in it. There is no option in music player to send to the headset, just speakerphone or handset and ringtones don't play through the headset.

I then went into the Bluetooth options and disabled the "Handsfree" service so that the headset would have to connect as "Headset". Connected the headset and got the same behavior as above.

This headset was able to play ringtones and audio on both my RAZR V3XX and Nokia 6126, so I know it can do it.

Running 4.6.0.167 / 217
    05-19-09 11:18 AM
    I looked the 510 up to check for you. The Plantronics 510 is not A2DP compatible, and this is why you have this problem. I found that I is able to do this with the phones you listed, but the articles I read said specifically that is is incompatible with the music players on PDAs and smartphones.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-19-09 11:53 AM
    I must have mis-read that it was compatible. Thanks!
    05-19-09 01:32 PM
    Related question: When I receive a text message or e-mail, no notification is played through my Bluetooth headset. If I got a headset that supports A2DP, would the notifications play through or is that not an option with the Blackberry?
    05-22-09 09:05 AM
    Yes the notification is played through as if it was going through the speakers, but it goes into the headset instead as long as a2dp is supported. It works perfectly on my jabra bt8040.

05-22-09 02:45 PM
    I have the Plantronics 510 but I can not connect to my 8900. What do I need to do? Thanks
    06-20-09 11:52 PM
    I have the 510 aswell and I listen to music through pandora with it on all day, and with my profile set to normal i get text/call notifications on it.
    and when im playing gt blackjack the sounds go through it.
    Also that third party media player (mobiola xplayer i think it was) allowed me to listen to my music/vids through it.
    The regular bb media player would not.

06-21-09 08:25 AM
    I ended up buying a Plantronics 855 and it still won't play ring tones or text notification through the headset. I can listen to music through the headset now using the built-in player, but no clue on why the others aren't coming through.
    06-21-09 10:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD