I just got the Bold from AT&T and get an error message when trying to open .wav and .mp3 email attachments. The error message is "This attachment type cannot be viewed on your device"

Any suggestions?
    11-03-08 11:58 PM
    Verify you have the BB attachment service installed on your device.
    11-04-08 12:18 AM
    Verify you have the BB attachment service installed on your device.
    Yes, version 4.6.0
    11-04-08 12:29 AM
    Is anyone else having this problem?
    11-04-08 01:07 AM
    I have the same problem opening .wav attachments. Get an error attempting to play media. The .wav files I am trying to play are voicemails forwarded from our phone system.
    11-05-08 04:32 PM
    Try a battery pull.
    11-05-08 05:48 PM
    No luck with the battery pull. Still get the same generic error message. "An error has occured attempting to play media."
    11-05-08 06:30 PM
    Does this media play fine on a PC?
    11-05-08 07:42 PM
    Here is the update...
    I have both emails from gmail and my office enterprise server coming into the mailbox. Sound files attached to the gmail emails can be opened and played, whereas the same sound files attached to my work emails cannot.

I have a feeling it has to do with the policies or restrictions set up by my IT people. If they ever call me back, I'll let you know what happens.
    11-06-08 03:33 PM
    Is anyone else having this problem?
    I have only been gettign this issue since i update to .216! Before i had no problems... I have been using YouMail for along time and like i said since i upgraded to .216 they have not been able to play unless i save them as a ring tone then find and listen to it. Going back to .210 or diffrent vesion here.
    02-04-09 01:01 PM
    Another thought after reading another post is to go to options then application list and make sure that you have Blackberry Attachment installed. If not use Desktop Manager to install it.

I downgraded and it did the same (not workign) then I saw on another post to do the above and it worked for me!

Good Luck!!
    02-09-09 07:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD