Hello,

I downloaded the Blackberry Desktop Software a couple days ago, then i connected my device to my computer using the USB cable in order to use the software, i clicked the Application feature on the software then i clicked the apply button on the buttom of the screen, once it was done with process my device completely changed, i longer can open the messages, email, text, contacts, explorer, etc.- buttons, i can't write numbers to call people or write texts and emails, in short, the device became un usable. What happend to the device in the process of using the application feature on the Blackberry Desktop Software, i never tried the software before until now. i tried rebooting the device, taking out the battery, restoring the data on the device using the back up feature on Blackberry Desktop Software and nothing worked it wont go back to what it was before. how can i restore it. i'll appreciate some help.

David
    10-18-13 10:12 AM
    Ok, give folks a chance to respond, cross posting the same questionin multiple forums isn't allowed, so please don't continue the practice, thanks!
    10-18-13 10:32 AM
    When in the application screen the apply button either adds apps to your phone or deletes apps from your phone. Do you know which process was in operation? I'm guessing it was the delete process.

What you might try is to do a battery pull on your phone, restart your computer, then plug your phone into your computer, bring up DM, and go to the application and see if there is anything that can be added back in.
    10-18-13 10:48 AM
    You might also check your settings for automatic syncing of your messages. Sometimes it's easier to have these set to be done manually.
    10-18-13 10:52 AM
    i just tried what you said. there's a list of "required" applications under the "status" column, to download. for example: BlackBerry 6.0.0 Core Applications, BlackBerry 6.0.0 System Software, Browser, Phone, etc. i'm guessing they're important and need to be instaled?, and if so, i don't know how to add them and install them, beacuse the desktop software doesn't give me the option to add them to the "action" column in order to download them. if indeed those applications that i mentioned and the likes of them, are important, how to i add and download them?
    10-18-13 11:35 AM
    BlackBerry 6.0.0 Core Applications, BlackBerry 6.0.0 System Software are part of the operating system. If they are missing this explains why your phone isn't working.

Here is the latest OS for your device. https://updateservice.t-mobile.net/b...A6.0.0.749.exe

Download it to your computer and install it.

Delete the vender.xml files found here. There may be either one or two on your computer.
    C:\Users\*user name*\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader

Click on the Loader.exe file found here.
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader

You can update the OS from there.
    10-18-13 12:02 PM
    I followed the steps, i downloaded the OS 6.0.0.749, i found only one vender file on my PC and deleted it, i didn't find anything under Users/.. i clicked on Loader, and updated it throw the application loader wizard, but nothing as changed, the device is not responding as usual. After entering to the application loader wizard, the BlackBerry 6.0.0 Core Applications, BlackBerry 6.0.0 System Software, etc. - icons, are marked, but in a way that i can't mark or unmark them, not like other applications in the list(same as before, on the desktop software). perhaps they're still not downloading, also i'm not seeing any signs of the new OS that i downloaded once i open the loader and the application loader wizard comes up. Am i doing someting wrong, what am i missing in the process?
    10-18-13 03:53 PM
    After a few tets that i did. I think that the OS 6.0.0.749 went well. and a particular OS on the device is not the reason the device isn't responding. i think it as to do to the memory, i now says that the available memory left for applications is about 270 MB, and the total storage left in the media card is about 1.1 GB grom a total of about 2 GB. perhaps that's the reason why the device is so slow and un responsive, and can't open diffrent applications on the device? that is as something to do to the memory? also the battery started to run out really quickly since i updated the new OS, i'll appreciate receiving some guidance.
    10-19-13 03:23 AM
    A system critical fail like that can always be fixed at the store you got it from. You may lose any saved settings and will have to re-load your apps through Blackberry World, but they can easily wipe and reload the OS.

If you seatch this forum you'll probably find out how to do it yourself if you'd rather that.

This will also sort your memory issues (hopefully)
    Last edited by Fuzz360; 10-19-13 at 06:57 AM.
    10-19-13 05:16 AM
    Here's a thread offering advice on a 'Security Wipe". This should reload the phone with your OS intact.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=768373

I'd recommend doing it with your phone connected to PC as described in the thread, and Back-up as much as you can on Device Manager.

DON'T PERFORM THIS WITHOUT RESEARCHING THE PROCEEDURE.
    There are tutorials all over this forum, and probably Video Tutorials on here and also on youtube etc. Its easy enough to do, and I'm sure you can get your head around it, but trust me you don't wanna drop the ball on this one.
    Last edited by Fuzz360; 10-19-13 at 06:53 AM.
    10-19-13 05:42 AM
    I have the same problem. When I update the new software via DM after that my device is not working properly. I can't open any of my mail, msg. Whenever I click on them they just don come up. And also my device (bb9780) getting slow. I read lots of threads. I thought I should install my whole system software from fresh (like what we do when we use windows for long time n instal again a clean version for better performance). I use BlackBerry swiss Knife to wipe out all things from my device, delete the vendor file as well n instal new os via loader. Then I found the same problem n I tried again with old os. It's simple doesn't work. My device is totally slow.altought my device memory full empty so I don't have problem with memory. What should I do. Plz any one can give me any suggestion? Thanks

Posted via CB10
    10-28-13 03:24 AM
    hello!
    Am trying to open my inbox on my Blackberry, and i can't just do that, it tells me; Uncaught exception: DSSMA: Invalid state (5): 50. What do i do to open it up?
    02-14-14 02:24 AM