I posted yesterday because i was getting an uncaught exception on my phone when trying to open BB maps AND because I cannot open certain attachments - pdf and jpg. I had had an earlier problem with my phone and had to wipe it. Yesterday, i reinstalled 266 os and checked all the boxes i thought needed checking, but i am still getting the "This attachment type cannot be viewed on your device". I am at a loss - any thoughts?
    05-27-09 08:45 AM
    When you re-installed .266, did you include "BlackBerry Attachment Service"? This is the bit that lets you read attachments.
    05-27-09 10:28 AM
    Yes, I included the attachment service.
    05-27-09 12:24 PM
    When you get the message "This attachment type cannot be viewed on your device" you still get the option to save it right? I'm not sure exactly what program opens a PDF file, but a JPG file should open right away. Are you absolutely sure it's JPG images that can't open and not bitmap?

The BB Maps problem is related to RIM/AT&T not really allowing you to use it. That's what I'm assuming though. Whenever you do a battery pull or resend service books, BB Maps is pulled out. It still remains as an application on your phone but the icon does go away.
    05-27-09 12:42 PM
    Those documents you're trying to open, are they email attachments? or did you save them to memory before trying to open them?
    05-27-09 12:43 PM
    yes, they were jpg. i also could not open pdf. i could not save either of them either. I spent about 2 hours yesterday playing with the phone and with dm, reloading, checking and unchecking boxes that I thought could help (not really knowing what i was doing - lol). I read somewhere something about redirecting messages and attachments. The last thing i did was uncheck the redirecting messages box for BES - but that resulted in not getting messages at all. so i rechecked it and then i was able to open attachments again. maybe it was unrelated, but i can open them so that is good. still no bbmaps, but that is ok, especially after seeing all the posts that others cannot access it either.

i think all of this happened after downloading an app - i think i am going to be a bit more selective as to what i download.

thanks for everyone's help
    05-28-09 01:12 PM
    What app is it that you downloaded?
    05-28-09 01:13 PM
    I don't know for sure, but the trouble seemed to have started when i downloaded and then used quick pull.
    05-28-09 01:17 PM
    Glad to hear you managed to get the attachments sorted out.

In lieu of BBMaps, why not use Google Maps?
    05-28-09 01:49 PM
    Yes, I do. but I liked to use both. plus it annoys me to have something that does not work on my phone.
    05-28-09 01:59 PM
    Heck, for some reason it just annoys me that AT&T blocks it.
    05-28-09 02:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD