hi all
    i'm new with the BB world,i have the 9780 only a few days and still learning.
    there is 2 issues that i need help
    1.is there a way to get rid of the password that locks the phone every few minutes
    2.can't get my gmail acount , in normail i saw thats when makung email account there is option of
    internet mail account but my phone dont have it

please can some help me
    03-30-13 11:14 AM
    sounds like you don't have a BIS data plan for your BB. generic data plans wont work for emails coming to your BB, u need a blackberry data plan. then the option to add emails will show up on your phone. to eemove password lock on your phone u need to disable password protection (options/security/password and uncheck the 'enable')

Sent from my CrackBerry 9780 using CB Forums App
    03-30-13 11:41 AM
    thanks for your quick replay
    1. what do you mean data plan - just tell me what to do
    2. the option to uncheck the 'enable' is in grey color so i cant change it
    what to do?
    03-30-13 12:16 PM
    alright. it sounds like u have an IT policy on your BB. one of 2 things will clear it, a factory reset or a wipe and clean install of the operating system of the phone. easy way is the factory reset. be warned that this will erase all info from your BB (use BB Protect and/or Desktop Manager to backup). download the BBSAK (BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife) program to your pc and install it. connect your BB to your pc and open up BBSAK to the third tab and select factory reset. the bb will restart with a clean slate. as for the data plan, call your carrier/service provider

Sent from my CrackBerry 9780 using CB Forums App
    03-31-13 12:24 AM
    For the first 1 1/2 years my 9780 Bold worked fine, after the security wiped everything clean I've not been able to set up an e-mail account. Help!
    05-27-13 05:30 PM