Hi!

I, personally, haven't used any BB7 phones. I've got a Z10, and I love BB10, but I'm trying to help someone with an issue they have with their Bold. (It's the non-touch version, the 9930, I think?)

The problem is that when he tries to compose an email message, it gives the option of two accounts, and defaults to the one that isn't his. (the account it's using belongs to the previous owner)

The issue being that I tried to go into the account management, and only his is showing up, so I couldn't remove the second account.

I'm assuming this may be something not on his phone, but on the BES server that his phone is connecting to, and something he'll need to contact the server admin to change? I apologize, I'm not super well-versed with BES either, as I don't use my phone for work.

So, without being able to remove the second account, is there any way to set the default account to his, rather than the other one? Because I can't even find it under account the account settings anywhere.

Sorry if this is vague, and thanks for the help!
    08-22-13 04:34 PM
    He should do a complete wipe of the phone and that should get rid of everything from the previous owner. He can then use the email setup again. Are you sure there is a BES account on the device?
    08-22-13 05:48 PM
    Honestly, I'm not sure he knows enough about the phone to tell me if there's a BES account on it, or phones in general to do a security wipe.

"In vino veritas, in aqua sanitas."
    08-22-13 06:07 PM
    He should just be able to delete the Service Books for that email address.

Options > Advanced System Settings > Service Book

Look for the entries for the email address. Delete the [CMIME] and [CICAL] entries.

Otherwise, he should wipe it and reactivate it.

Note also that the 9930 is a "touch" model.
    08-22-13 06:28 PM
    Alright. Not even sure what he's got then. Looks like a bold, but no touch, just the trackpad.

He's not sure what it is either.

This is for a guest in the hotel I work at, a construction contractor with a company phone, was just hoping I could figure out what was up, but he didn't even know how to choose which address he was sending from when creating or replying to emails, and I'm not familiar with BBOS, so it may be a lost cause.

Customer service can only go so far...

"In vino veritas, in aqua sanitas."
    08-22-13 07:27 PM
    Okay, it probably doesn't matter which model it is.

Just go to Options, Advanced, and look for Service Book.

Or if the device has Universal Search, then just search for Service Book.
    08-22-13 07:31 PM
    The Bold 96XX (9650? 9630?) is non-touch.
    08-23-13 06:56 PM