I tried unlocking my Bold with three different people: a kiosk in the mall, a Rogers unlocked off eBay, and freeyourcellphone.com, and none of them were able to...
    the last one just e-mailed me back and said the only way possible for me to have it unlocked would be through a manufacturer method which is more expensive and takes some more time for processing...
    does anyone know what he meant by "manufacturer method" and how I would go about doing that, and how long it would take?
    08-30-08 05:28 PM
    I tried unlocking my Bold with three different people: a kiosk in the mall, a Rogers unlocked off eBay, and freeyourcellphone.com, and none of them were able to...
    the last one just e-mailed me back and said the only way possible for me to have it unlocked would be through a manufacturer method which is more expensive and takes some more time for processing...
    does anyone know what he meant by "manufacturer method" and how I would go about doing that, and how long it would take?
    Just a question ... if you are on Rogers as per your profile ... Why are you trying to unlock your BOLD? You don't have to do anything.
    08-30-08 05:38 PM
    Where did you get it from?

What branding is on it?

Have you tried a oreign sim to ensure it is locked?

Freeyourcellphone unlocked mine from Rogers for $19 CDN
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-30-08 05:39 PM
    I'm with Fido actually. I don't think it had the option of putting Fido as a provider.
    08-30-08 05:49 PM
    why dont you just call provider and tell them you are traveling out of country and need to unlock it this method has always worked for me.
    08-30-08 05:56 PM
    I'm with Fido actually. I don't think it had the option of putting Fido as a provider.
    I am guessing here ... so take it for what it is worth.

FIDO was bought by Rogers a while back.

They may not have the physical capacity to find the PIN or the IMEI on your BOLD. Both are necessary to use with 3G. I know they have 3G because they sell the iPHONE.

You may want to call technical services and ask hypothetical questions about using a BOLD on their system.

Sorry I can't be of any better assistance.
    08-30-08 05:57 PM
    I would try horizonwirelessonline.com.. they were helpful with me getting me a bold... they are good with unlocking Im sure of it...
    08-30-08 06:39 PM
    why dont you just call provider and tell them you are traveling out of country and need to unlock it this method has always worked for me.

You being a T-Mobile customer, I'll inform you of how things work with Rogers...Unlock codes...next to near impossible to get them...Rogers does NOT care...best case scenario I have ever heard was a person being charged $500 an unlock code...shortly after that Rogers stopped issuing unlock codes, need a Rogers unlock...3rd party is the ONLY way to go..Rogers will NOT assist you in any way, nor are they required too.
    08-30-08 06:45 PM
    like the previous dudes said rogers will never give out an unlock code under any circumstance so u gotta go through 3rd party

heres how these unlock codes work. for example, if its a rogers device, they would go into the rogers database and put in ur imei form ur phone and it will tell them the unlock code. sometimes for unknown reasons the database does not have the unlock code. in such cases they gotta get it from manufacturer, which costs them more and takes a bit more time, but can be done. i guess u're just one of the unlucky ones so u're gonna have to the the 49.99 to get it unlocked instead of the usual 19.99.
    08-30-08 09:00 PM
    Try this one GSM PhoneSource - When Only The Best Will Do

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-30-08 09:17 PM
    Fido do not support Blackberry at all anymore. They just stopped it earlier this year.

Unlocking your Bold will allow you to use it as a cell phone, but you won't be able to set up email or surf the internet from it on Fido.

Time to switch to Rogers. Being they are the same company (Rogers owns Fido), you can probably port your # over, and qualify as a new customer. Which means you get a discount on a phone. Perhaps a 2nd Bold to unlock and Ebay? New account pricing on a Bold is $399 I believe.
    08-30-08 09:31 PM
    spazmogen is right... fido stopped supporting blackberry service. i did hear that they will be introducing full blackberry service in a few months though.

regarding the unlocking thing. no site will get the unlock code via the regular way cuz they all go through the SAME database. so if one of can't get it, no other company can... be it gsmphonesource, horizonwirelessonline.com or freeyourcellphone.com.

however the through the manufacturer way is different. $50 is usually the price for the direct manufacturer way. i know freeyourcellphone has the direct manufacturer way, not sure about other companies.
    08-30-08 09:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD