Hi everyone, hope somebody can help me.

I have a Blackberry Bold 9790 I'm trying to set up for somebody at work. I've wiped it and created a new Blackberry ID for this person.

When I go to set up her email account, it still shows the email account from the person who used it previously. It asks for a password to activate it but this account no longer exists. When I untick the account and confirm it to be deleted, it just says Delete Failed.

I don't know where it's pulling this from. I've wiped the device and I'm using a new ID.

Any ideas?
    12-17-13 04:39 AM
    Hi everyone, hope somebody can help me.

I have a Blackberry Bold 9790 I'm trying to set up for somebody at work. I've wiped it and created a new Blackberry ID for this person.

When I go to set up her email account, it still shows the email account from the person who used it previously. It asks for a password to activate it but this account no longer exists. When I untick the account and confirm it to be deleted, it just says Delete Failed.

I don't know where it's pulling this from. I've wiped the device and I'm using a new ID.

Any ideas?
    Hiya

How did you wipe the device?
    The easiest way is to set a password and then change the attempts to 3 enter it wrong 3 times and let the device wipe itself.
    Then enter the persons new BBID.
    If the email address is still there..

Who is the carrier? You will also need to go to BlackBerry section of the carriers website and setup a username and password for this person and then add the details of the device as requested.
    It will then link the device to this persons account.
    If the email address is still linked to the account, you will be able to delete/unassociate it from there.
    You can also add the new persons email from there and it will be pushed to the device and all should be fine

Posted via CB10 from my Z30
    12-17-13 06:40 AM
    Hiya

How did you wipe the device?
    The easiest way is to set a password and then change the attempts to 3 enter it wrong 3 times and let the device wipe itself.
    Then enter the persons new BBID.
    If the email address is still there..

Who is the carrier? You will also need to go to BlackBerry section of the carriers website and setup a username and password for this person and then add the details of the device as requested.
    It will then link the device to this persons account.
    If the email address is still linked to the account, you will be able to delete/unassociate it from there.
    You can also add the new persons email from there and it will be pushed to the device and all should be fine

I actually did it this way as the previous user had set a password. I have since done a secure wipe twice and the email remains. The only thing that stays the same is the wifi network and the sim card. Are these somehow linked to that email? Sounds crazy to me but I can't think of what else it could be.
    12-17-13 10:22 AM
    I actually did it this way as the previous user had set a password. I have since done a secure wipe twice and the email remains. The only thing that stays the same is the wifi network and the sim card. Are these somehow linked to that email? Sounds crazy to me but I can't think of what else it could be.
    Who is the carrier?

12-17-13 02:44 PM
    Who is the carrier?

Orange (UK).
    12-18-13 03:13 AM
    Orange (UK).
    When you try to add the account do you get shown the previous persons email and the ability to add an enterprise account?
    And you have activated the BIS on this new sim card? Because if that's what it's showing the BIS is most likely not active.
    You can check by going to Settings, Mobile Network and seeing if BlackBerry Internet Services says connected.

If yes and you're still having the problem
    Go to this site https://bis.eu.blackberry.com/html?brand=orangeuk

Create a new account then simply follow the on screen instructions.
    You'll be able to add and manage the email accounts from there.
    If you can't create a new account there, then that means your BIS hasn't been activated and you need to contact Orange

12-18-13 04:32 AM