Hello,

I have looked at all the post I could here and have not found the same issue I am having.

I'm using Windows Vista 64 bit and have AT&T service with the 5GB net plan and tethering

The AT&T Comm Manager shows the "Ready: AT&T GSM"

However when I click Connect the :Connect" button changes color slightly for about 4 seconds then goes back to the "Ready: AT&T GSM"

I have tried the work around that I have seen posted here and at the end of the setup I always get the "The wizard cannot create the connection" error message.

AT&T Customer Service has been no help, anyone have suggestions?

Thanks
    06-04-09 02:13 AM
    personally, ive always had trouble using the Cingular/AT&T connection manager. it never connected properly. i just used to set up a DUN connection via BT or USB. basically installing a new internet connection and setting up the phone as a modem manually and not using the connection manager.
    06-04-09 02:18 AM
    Could you provide me with detailed instructions on how to do this with vista 64? I have followed a few walk throughs on here to no avail.

Thank you
    06-04-09 02:24 AM
    hmmm i forget for the most part. i know in XP i was able to go into the bluetooth menu (using a BT dongle) and detect my device. then finding the services my device offered, clicked set up a dial up network, downloaded the drivers to use my phone as a modem and you need to get the APN info for AT&T which is something like wap.cingulargprs.com or something. i honestly forget. then you have to find out the password which used to be CINGULAR1. try searching for tethering over bluetooth. last time i tried, i couldnt get it to work right but i used to tether via my old nokia on AT&T using this.
    06-04-09 02:32 AM
    i searched and found this thread. try post #10's writeup.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/bol...-tether-98522/
    06-04-09 02:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD