Hi All,
    I am vacationing in the Philippines & I brought my girlfriend my old Bold 9650 to leave with her sister so they can talk & text to each other.
    Anyway, this is a Verizon (CDMA unlocked) phone. I have bought a local SIM & a month's worth of time (load) for it, so it works as a GSM now.The phone WILL send & receive phone calls & texts. I'm staying in a rented condo & we have a mobile wi-fi that works (it shows up on the home screen). Here is my problem, I somehow lost access to all my contacts. I had 2 personal email accts (yahoo & gmail) & a work email. Their Icons still show up on the home screen, but all the contacts lists came up missing. If I try to add my girlfriend's #, it says "duplicate contact". If I try to text or call out, I can type in the first letter of a name & a list pops up, but not if I try to see contacts from the contact list icon.
    I thought if I could remove all email accounts, that would also remove all contact lists & we could load an email acct of hers & put in the few phone #'s she would need.
    When I try to access the email set up function, that is when the phone tells me "your device had a problem connecting to the server"
    I'd like to flush all this old stuff out before handing it over, but even if I can't, her sis needs some sort of directory to store the phone #'s
    Any help in resolving this, or a work around, will be appreciated! Thanks
    08-25-15 03:38 AM