Hi guys,

I am setting up my blackberry 9900 today and everything seems fine. I set up the email accounts, download a few apps, able to receive emails ans whatsapp etc.

BUT when i try to use the internet (blackberry browsers) it told me that it can't connect to the internet, so i try a few more things, like twitter, opera and i realised none of the working over the mobile network, they work fine with wifi.

My blackberry showing upper case "3G" and the blackberry icon and i can set up, send and receive emails so it seems the BIS is working It seems that part of it works but other parts do. I checked my service book it seems fine and I also re-sent the service book too.

I just received an email right now on the mobile network only as i am writing this.

Anyway idea what is going on with my 9900.
    07-09-14 07:34 AM
    I haven't used a BBOS for a long time, but let me try this:

Is your browser set to Hotspot Browser? Because that's what you need for browsing through Wi-Fi. You also use Internet Browser (or some other name your network uses) for browsing through cellular data.

Sent from my BlackBerry smartphone.
    07-09-14 08:27 AM
    the bold (os7) doesn't have the browser configuration option, it does it automatically.

I just don't understand what is going on. email works find and anything that with internet doesn't when I am on mobile network only (everything works perfect with wifi connection)

can it be there's problem with the internet service book? I checked my service book and I can see two Blackberry Internet Browsing Service. one called Blackberry Internet Browsing Service and the other called Blackberry Internet Browsing Service 2.

Should they both be there? or should I delete one? could that be the problem because I have two of these service books?

Any 9900 user out there can tell me should there be one of these book or two in your bold? and which should I delete? the one with the "2" or the one without the "2"

cheers
    07-09-14 09:42 AM
    07-09-14 03:56 PM
    Thanks for the reply. it is so strange. i can send and receive email and use the appworld to download apps nut nothing else are works if they need internet connect even whatsapp doesn't work now (when I am on mobile network only of course, everything work perfect when I am on wifi)

Is there anyway I can get the service books install manually?

Should I try to upgrade or downgrade the software?

cheers
    07-10-14 11:36 AM
    I would contact your service provider and see if the issue is with them. If they can't solve it with you over the phone you can rule out the network issue. After that maybe wipe the phone( after backing up important data) and reload the OS. Are you running 7.1? Good luck!
    07-10-14 10:10 PM
    Hi with having the blackberry 9900 i know through T mobile you have to be put on a blackberry internet plan. Call your carrier and make sure you are on that plan. I just went through that with mine . Good Luck.
    07-11-14 10:01 AM