Tried a battery pull, switching from firefox to internet explorer and back to blaackberry browser. I can not click links on webpages with my trackball or the enter button. I can click fine into the fields I need to type in, but can not click on the links.

For example, on this website in my BB browser Online Conversion - All Length and Distance Conversions I could not click the convert button (was trying to convert something for a buddy while having coffee) also on my mobie banking website can not access anything after logging in. Anyone have any idea why this is happening? Any help appreciated.
    05-31-10 02:31 AM
    I have found that I must zoom in at least one "level" to be able to click on a link.
    05-31-10 05:34 AM
    I have found that I must zoom in at least one "level" to be able to click on a link.
    Yeah I thought that was the problem, but any level of zoom and still no luck :/

Any other ideas?

It just recently started to happen, probably like 5 days ago max. I have had the 5.0.0.681 for awhile now with no problems until that started.
    06-01-10 05:50 AM
    try pressing the enter button on your keypad, it might work. works for me if the trackball click dont work
    06-01-10 06:10 PM
    Yeah I tried pressing the enter button with no luck :/

I re-installed the official OS from my leaked one, and still no luck :/

Very frusturating....it would be much easier if RBC made an app for online banking. Stupid CIBC is ahead of the curve on RBC
    06-02-10 04:42 AM
    RBC Mobile

but you still have to be able to click a link when that webpage loads.
    06-03-10 04:29 PM
    I have the same issue with a banking site. I can get by it with just pressing enter. But there is a page within that site that has a button that just seems impossible to press. If u do come across a solution, let me know as I would love to see that darn link work.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-03-10 05:30 PM
    It seems that the only option is to download Opera Mini. I did and then miraculously my regular browser worked. I actually like Opera better so I'm keeping it. And hey, you might not get the links back, but you still have an internet browser for your phone. It needs 5MB of application memory to download. Here's the link:

www.m.opera.com

Load this link into your mobile browser, and then, using the blackberry button and the "Get Link" option, click the download link. You should be fine from there.
    06-09-10 09:55 PM
    From the comments on zooming, it sounds like some/all of you use your Browser on Page View.
    Most things work better on Column View.

Go Browser / MENU / Options / General Properties / Default View: Column

You can toggle between Column and Page View in your Browser by clicking the X key, but note that it only changes the current page you're viewing. Change pages and it will come up as your default again.

Also a good idea to ensure your Browser I'd is set to BlackBerry.
    Browser / MENU / Options / Browser Options / Browser Identification: BlackBerry

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-21-10 05:13 AM
    I use the menu then select open link and it works fine.
    07-06-10 12:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD