I am having trouble trying to change the convenience keys on my new 9650. I have gone through the options menu but when I click the convenience key option, it opens then immediately closes without letting me see the options. My left key is configured to voice dialing, and the right key does nothing. I've seen that some people install or modify the OS as a fix to this, but I was hoping to find a different route. Anybody have a fix?
    03-30-11 09:56 PM
    What OS version is on the device?
    03-31-11 05:59 AM
    I am having trouble trying to change the convenience keys on my new 9650. I have gone through the options menu but when I click the convenience key option, it opens then immediately closes without letting me see the options. My left key is configured to voice dialing, and the right key does nothing. I've seen that some people install or modify the OS as a fix to this, but I was hoping to find a different route. Anybody have a fix?
    Did you shrink out VAD? That will do it sometimes.
    03-31-11 06:57 AM
    As of right now I am running the os 6 on my bold, changing the keys was simple for me. I went to my search bar and typed in connivence and then went to options, it was my first choice, once I clicked that I got the option for both right and left side keys, I was able to make my right side my contacts, and my left side my camera.
    03-31-11 07:26 AM
    What OS version is on the device?

I looked into it further, and it only affects non-camera 9650's, and is an unresolved know issue on the BB support page. Broke down and bought Extra Keys to get around it for now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-31-11 08:30 AM

I looked into it further, and it only affects non-camera 9650's, and is an unresolved know issue on the BB support page. Broke down and bought Extra Keys to get around it for now.

Well glad you fixed your problem but that is NOT correct that it only affects non-camera bolds.

When I shrunk out VAD, I lost the use of the side keys just like you described. But whatever.
    03-31-11 09:54 AM
    Well glad you fixed your problem but that is NOT correct that it only affects non-camera bolds.

When I shrunk out VAD, I lost the use of the side keys just like you described. But whatever.
    Well this is without shrinking out VAD. Either way, still aggravating for both of us.

03-31-11 01:31 PM
    I got the Bold 9700 with Camera. I am having the same exact issue as the Origonal poster and AT&T doesn't even know how to fix it. They are trying to make me think I am the issue! I know what I am seeing and what is happening. I try to click the convenience key option and the page just closes. I just got this thing yesterday and am not impressed!
    07-14-11 10:01 PM
    Did you try s battery pull, maybe it is a glitch in your software?
    07-21-11 09:18 AM
    Did you try s battery pull, maybe it is a glitch in your software?
    Do you not read?

07-21-11 09:21 AM
    Do you not read?

Where in the post right above me does it say that he had tried to do a battery pull???
    07-21-11 06:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD