I had no problem watching youtube videos on my old 8320 w/ 4.5, but I've never been able to get youtube to play a single video since I've had my Bold. When I got, it was loaded with 4.6.0.90 and I've since upgraded it to .266 without any change. I find the desired video, click on the link and I'm brought to the Now Playing app and then nothing. It's just the black screen of the Now Playing app and it doesn't matter if I hit play or rewind or any other key.

Any ideas?
    06-02-09 06:57 PM
    m.youtube.com plays best on wifi. Use a third party app such as vuclip to play youtube vidz see if that helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Edit: Its more a launcher than an app.
    Last edited by squish101; 06-02-09 at 07:18 PM.
    06-02-09 07:16 PM
    I had no problem watching youtube videos on my old 8320 w/ 4.5, but I've never been able to get youtube to play a single video since I've had my Bold. When I got, it was loaded with 4.6.0.90 and I've since upgraded it to .266 without any change. I find the desired video, click on the link and I'm brought to the Now Playing app and then nothing. It's just the black screen of the Now Playing app and it doesn't matter if I hit play or rewind or any other key.

Any ideas?
    I use Xenozu...download the free app from different sources...seems to work for me

06-02-09 07:18 PM
    m.youtube.com plays best on wifi. Use a third party app such as vuclip to play youtube vidz see if that helps.

Edit: Its more a launcher than an app.
    Thanks for the info, but it seems backwards that my old Curve running 4.5 had no problem playing youtube clips via the browser, and yet the newer, more advanced Bold running 4.6 can't do it at all. I would think that it has to be a settings issue.
    06-03-09 01:19 PM
    I use Xenozu...download the free app from different sources...seems to work for me

Thanks, this app works for me.

I'm still pissed off I can't play youtube videos in the browser, something my 8320 did without any problem.
    07-08-09 04:51 PM
    When I click on the video it opens in my standard bb media player. No 3rd party app required.
    07-09-09 04:16 AM
    When I click on the video it opens in my standard bb media player. No 3rd party app required.
    My Bold has never done that ever, no matter the OS.
    07-11-09 08:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD