Have a 9900. Up until about a year ago, I was easily able to back up using any of my computers - couple Macs, couple PCs. All using Desktop Software.

But for months now, connect 9900 to computer (have tried all), put in password into Desktop Sw, and the sw just times out with the timer going round and round.

Any ideas?

George B
    02-23-20 07:37 PM
    Have you reloaded the Desktop Software?

Does it see your phone at all?

What OS are you running it on?
    02-24-20 07:22 AM
    Are you connecting by USB or Bluetooth?

I'm on Win10 at work and the bluetooth sync still works perfectly with the last Desktop Software and BBOS 7.1.0.1098 (02 UK).
    02-24-20 08:18 AM
    Have a 9900. Up until about a year ago, I was easily able to back up using any of my computers - couple Macs, couple PCs. All using Desktop Software.

But for months now, connect 9900 to computer (have tried all), put in password into Desktop Sw, and the sw just times out with the timer going round and round.
    Since you've tried all the computers that previously worked, the chief suspect is the 9900 itself. If you are connecting using the USB cable, is it in good working order? Do you have another cable to try? Does the USB port on the BB seem loose? Does it charge properly? If you have been connecting via USB, have you tried Bluetooth and WiFi as well?

Have you changed your security settings on the BB or installed (or deleted) any new software or updates?

How about temporarily removing password protection to see if that's the problem? If you are going to reinstall Desktop SW, best to copy your existing backups to another location (even if they are seriously outdated due to this issue).

Have you ever used Blackberry Protect? Very little in the way of options, but at least your main apps and data would be backed up. Let me know if you've never used it and we can go from there.
    Last edited by Rueberry; 02-24-20 at 05:51 PM.
    02-24-20 05:15 PM