Hi everyone,

I'm a relatively new Blackberry user (got my Bold last October) and I'm not great with technical things/electronic devices in general. Usually if I've gotten any kind of error, I just pop out the battery, put it back in, and things are fine, but that's not working this time, so I'm hoping someone here can help me out.

The background is that I changed my Gmail password (on the web), forgetting that it would affect getting emails from that account on my BB. Then I got an email from Blackberry saying if I wanted to keep getting emails from that Gmail account, I had to go through email setup again (this isn't exact, sorry, I don't remember the actual words used). So I went to email setup and was told there was a new version of it that I had to download. I did that and was prompted to reboot my phone. Okay, did that.

Here is where the problem started -- after the white startup bar was full (I'm bad at explaining things, hope you know what I mean), it was stuck there for a while, then I got a screen which said "BlackBerry Platform 6.6.0.137" at the top and then was a list of items (AddressBook, AltMusic, AltPictures, etc.).

The error message "Uncaught exception: ApplicationRegistry.waitFor(0xbfca09409ffe99e5) timeout" was on the screen, so I pressed the only button available, "OK". Another error messaged popped up "Uncaught exception java.lang.NullPointer Exception", I pressed OK, another one popped up "Uncaught exception java.lang.Error", I pressed OK. No more error messages. If I try to click on any of the items in the list, it tells me the same thing: "Module <whatever the item is> not found."

So that's pretty much it. I'm kind of freaking out because I've never encountered anything like this before, where I couldn't even access my home screen. I'm not sure what to do from here, sorry if there's a really simple obvious solution, like I said I'm a real noob. Any help and suggestions would be hugely appreciated! FYI, I have a Mac, if that affects what the suggestions are.

Thanks in advance!
    07-12-11 02:15 PM
    Your device needs an OS reflash which can only be done with a PC. ..
    07-12-11 02:21 PM
    Your device needs an OS reflash which can only be done with a PC. ..
    Thanks for the reply. So, is my BB done for if I can't get access to a PC with Windows?
    07-12-11 02:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD