My wife's 9780 stopped receiving emails for some reason after she came back from her vacation.

So I entered her Email Setup, and I was required to login to her BB ID, so she tried logging in, but it always says wrong password. Resetting the password does not actually send her any password to her email (Yahoo!) and it isn't even in the Spam folder.

So we thought of creating a new BB ID all together on the BlackBerry website.

After doing that and receiving an email that it was successfully created. Again we try to login in the email setup, and it says wrong password. Same thing, reset password does not work.

This started happening even since RIM changed the way the email setup works where you have to sign in with your BB ID but it seems so buggy.

Please help, what can she do to setup her email accounts?

She has a BIS (unlimited plan)
    08-26-11 08:01 AM
    One important things to note is, the username had to be an email when she was creating it on the RIM site. so she chose [email protected]

But when she tries to login using [email protected] she get an error message saying "Username must be at least 4 characters" So if she removes the @gmail.com, it accepts but then says the password is wrong.

I think there is the problem because the account username on RIM was with the @gmail.com but the Email setup does not accept the @gmail.com and wants you to only enter the username.
    08-26-11 08:04 AM
    The Email Setup does not use BB ID, it uses the BIS account username/password.

The same you use on yourcarrier.blackberry.com. You can go there for the procedure on recovering the password.
    08-26-11 08:41 AM
    The Email Setup does not use BB ID, it uses the BIS account username/password.

The same you use on yourcarrier.blackberry.com. You can go there for the procedure on recovering the password.

But I've never ever entered or used such a username / password on any of my or her blackberry's, why is it asking for it now?

Isn't there another way around this? I don't want to set up her carrier email she never uses it. She just wants to setup her hotmail, Gmail, etc

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-26-11 10:15 AM
    I never use carrier emails. You don't have to either.

Go to the site, go through the recovery procedures (it seems to me you don't know neither username nor password) and then log in (either online or in the device).
    08-26-11 11:29 AM
    Go to the site, go through the recovery procedures (it seems to me you don't know neither username nor password) and then log in (either online or in the device).
    + 1 ...

diegonei likes this.
    08-26-11 11:59 AM
    I never use carrier emails. You don't have to either.

Man I cannot express how much I appreciate your help. You solved the mystery that I would have never been able to figure out.

I called my carrier and they sent her the password via a PIN message to her phone.

I never had a clue she had an account LOL

When she signed in, she was able to validate all her email addresses again.

Thank you so much
    08-26-11 12:19 PM
    Man I cannot express how much I appreciate your help. You solved the mystery that I would have never been able to figure out.

I called my carrier and they sent her the password via a PIN message to her phone.

I never had a clue she had an account LOL

When she signed in, she was able to validate all her email addresses again.

Thank you so much
    We're here to help.
    08-26-11 12:25 PM
    We're here to help.
    + 1 ...

But am new to the BB world (jus' 5 months ... LoL!) but am a fast learner.
    diegonei likes this.
    08-26-11 12:34 PM
    Got to love the forums, right? I would have just suggested calling the carrier to ask for the log in information. Usually there's a standard one. Ie, Telus has your username as your telephone number and Telus123 as the password. Something like that.
    diegonei likes this.
    08-26-11 01:08 PM
    2 exceptions for passwords I've seen so far are Welcome123 and Secure123 - with the W & S in caps. Mostly the passwords are the carrier's brandname with 123.

User name is usually the mobile #
    08-26-11 01:45 PM
    BIS requires that you have capital letters now on the password.

Annoying, but more secure...
    08-26-11 02:39 PM
    somebody,help me pls.i cant set up my email.in the upper right side of my phone,GSM only,that does mean something.it said i need to obtain an activation password.how?what other things should i do.im from philippines.we purchased it from hungary(vodafone)..please help.tnx
    08-31-11 01:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD